A Healthy Dolphins Defense Can Be A Source Of Excitement In 2019 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A Healthy Dolphins Defense Can Be A Source Of Excitement In 2019

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
usatsi_13220943.jpg

The Miami Dolphins entered Friday night’s contest against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers with a lengthy inactive list — many of the non-participants residing on the defensive side of the football. The Dolphins’ defense took the field without starters Raekwon McMillan, Kiko Alonso, Xavien Howard, Reshad Jones and T.J. McDonald — effectively half of the unit.

But the silver lining comes when considering how well Miami’s team defense played without these standout players — and the presence of those who were at the heart of making plays.

https://dolphinswire.usatoday.com/2...efense-can-be-a-source-of-excitement-in-2019/

With many projected starters out the last 2 weeks, the role players got plenty of time to showcase their stuff. It seems to be working. Minkah Fitzpatrick looks like a rover on the defense. He was lined up at MLB in the 6 and 7 DB package. The run defense has been very stout with the starting unit. And the LB's, especially, Baker and Eguaveon were all over the place. This looks like a completely different defense than under Burke. The players look comfortable, which should translate into less miscommunication and sounder defense overall. Love what I'm seeing!!

I'm glad the young guys are getting some real playing time. This team has many players that came from different places and under the radar but at least two or 3 of them have a good chance to make some noise.

Hasnt Egu been starting/running with the 1's pretty much the entire camp, even when Mcmillain was healthy?

I share that excitement regarding the Defense. If the Offensive Line can perform, this team will be competitive all season.

The defense looks good, until they meet legit offensive firepower.

There is definitely some shining stars out there though. Baker and X are easily the best players on defense. I expect Minkah to be active all year and be back to how he plays sooner then later.

Hell even having Charles Harris play the way he did last night is absolutely insane. Flo seems like a real deal defensive coach.

I see no love for Eric Rowe out there, but if he can stay on the field, I think the duo of him and Xavien make for a good CB unit. Rowe looked good in coverage and run support last night.

I could end up being completely wrong on this, but based on what I’m seeing so far, I just don’t believe there is any way this team goes 2-14 or 3-13.

At the end of the season, some might be disappointed that we’re not drafting in the top 5, but keep in mind that we still have a ton of draft capital and cap space for the upcoming offseason.

I could end up being completely wrong on this, but based on what I’m seeing so far, I just don’t believe there is any way this team goes 2-14 or 3-13.

At the end of the season, some might be disappointed that we’re not drafting in the top 5, but keep in mind that we still have a ton of draft capital and cap space for the upcoming offseason.
I agree. Those pushing the 2-14 are grabbing anything they can to support that. There will be a lot of disappointed fans at years end.

Have to agree. Defense has played well and that will keep you in a lot of games. Good coaching is going a long way as well.....

Back
Top Bottom