A hopeful but possible mock | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A hopeful but possible mock

pennPhinFan

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
So there is already a lot of talk about miami being interested in matt ryan. whether it is truth or a smoke screen, it could possibly trigger a trade with atlanta. I know there hasn't been a trade in the top 10 or 15 or whatever that stat is in over 5 years, but it has to happen again at some point right? So this mock is assuming we can trade our #1 pick to Atl for their #3 pick, along with their 1st 2nd round pick and 3rd round pick (#37 and #68.. it's about even on the draft value chart but we know that's more or less useless nowadays anyway). But anyway, our draft could then look like:
1 (3)- Vernon Gholston, DE/OLB (getting more and more excited about this guy, though I would be pleased with Chris Long as well)
2a (32)- Brandon Albert OG (probably won't fall, but could, and if he did would be awesome. this is probably the pick in this mock least likely to be available)
2b (37)- Best OT Available (Nicks, Cherilus, Baker, Collins... would solidify our line with 5 young beasts)
2b (58)- Terrance Wheately or Terrell Thomas CB (would start immediately opposite allen)
3a (64)- Curtis Lofton MLB (we need MLB depth, and he could fight for a starting job as well)
3b (68)- Jordy Nelson WR (tall threat, 6'2")
4- (96)- John Carlson TE (Slow 40 at the combine but is big and blocks well.. a prototypical parcells TE)
6- (189) Matt Flynn/Dennis Dixon/Colt Brennan QB- (whoever BP decides will give the best competition for beck and mccown)
7-(193)- BPA, hopefully defensive (secondary?) depth, good special teams prospect

thoughts?

I like it, unfortanately I don't see the Albert pick. Instead i guess I would love to take the best available corner. As far as our pick from the remaining QB's I guess it would be Dixon. He has the most upside. Other than that I'll be crossing my fingers.

I like it, unfortanately I don't see the Albert pick. Instead i guess I would love to take the best available corner. As far as our pick from the remaining QB's I guess it would be Dixon. He has the most upside. Other than that I'll be crossing my fingers.

Yea I definitely agree with you on the most likely unavailability of Albert, and if not, then to go with a CB that may have fallen. If that's the case, i'd then use the 2b pick on a top flight WR (e.g. Early Doucet) or maybe a DE (Cliff Avril?) and then use the 3b pick on one of the next tier of guards (Heath Benedict, Chilo Rachal, Ray Schuening or Drew Radovich, any of whom I think could possibly start at LG over mormino) After Guards like Albert I dont feel like there are many guards available worthy of a 2nd round pick..

Back
Top Bottom