A.j. Mccarron Released | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A.j. Mccarron Released

I liked McCarron coming out of college, so perhaps I’m a bit biased here. But he’s the guy I’d tap for next year. He’s going to come cheap and has some experience and possible upside. I’d kick the tires on him.

It’s a win-win. He’s never been given a chance to start in the NFL. Perhaps he flashes. If so, great, he’s young with potential and has proven himself a winner in the past. If not, we secure our top pick.

Fans on this site are way too concerned with comp picks.

Bill Belichek’s acquisition of all these comp picks have yielded next to nothing for New England, as have a lot of his first round picks.

Scott Pioli drafting Tom Brady in the 6th round using a comp pick is the only success they’ve had with those picks sooooo.....

I liked McCarron coming out of college, so perhaps I’m a bit biased here. But he’s the guy I’d tap for next year. He’s going to come cheap and has some experience and possible upside. I’d kick the tires on him.

It’s a win-win. He’s never been given a chance to start in the NFL. Perhaps he flashes. If so, great, he’s young with potential and has proven himself a winner in the past. If not, we secure our top pick.

Don’t you think it’s more likely he is who he was at Alabama?

I’ve never had a shot either and I’ve been flashing for years. I’ve flashed regularly since middle school. Sometimes I think about making videos of myself flashing and posting them on the internet.

The key is to make sure people are around or it’s kind of pointless. Also, camera angles are critical.

Spinning a football in front of strangers gives me great joy.

But in all seriousness, I’d easily rather watch Johnny Manziel struggle to play in the NFL then watch AJ McCarron struggle to beat out Luke Falk.

No QB will actually play for the Dolphins in 2019 because playing implies having fun. The Dolphins will likely have AT LEAST 3 different starting QBs battling to survive.

**** no. No ****ing way. I can get behind almost any other QB, support any bunch of scrubs they want to roll out this year, but not this dipshit. I'd sooner have AJ Feeley out of retirement than this ****ing fraud.

Fans on this site are way too concerned with comp picks.

Bill Belichek’s acquisition of all these comp picks have yielded next to nothing for New England, as have a lot of his first round picks.

Scott Pioli drafting Tom Brady in the 6th round using a comp pick is the only success they’ve had with those picks sooooo.....
It's a very fashionable thing to talk about at the moment, probably because of all the Patriots bullshit. However definitely a case of running before we can walk, the key to making this work is repeatedly letting guys go who other teams value highly, and the key to manipulating teams into overvaluing your players is to be successful. We aren't going to magiclly turn a corner by figuring out if we're still going to get a 7th round comp pick for Frank Gore if we do or don't sign player x.

Last edited:
Since both McKenzy (Raiders) and Allen (Bills) are now part of the front office that would not surprise me since both know McCarron well.
Wouldn't that make it less likely that he be considered?

A.J. McCarron would be interesteing. If memory serves, the biggest knock on him has always been that he didn’t have a “big” arm. Next year’s offense wouldn’t rely heavily on that.

Bring em all in at this point....the more the merrier.

At this point I'd bring in McCarron and let Falk, Rudock, and him battle it out to start. That is a gntd tank. And I'd rather take a shot w McCarron than Bortles. Fitz would be the only clear upgrade but even he could win us 4 games so have to be careful if full tank mode is the plan.

McCarron starting for Dolphins in 19 is almost guaranteed a top 3 pick.

It'll be like going to the dentist. I loathe scheduling the appointment, it sucks while I'm there, but I know it's good for me.

Well we did loose Olivia Culpo as eye candy bring in Mccarrons wife so bathe in the Miami beaches might help with the pain of next season.

I dig AJ McCarron. Sign him on a cheap 3 year loaded more toward this year. He gets a chance to start. If he surprises and kicks some ass then good. If not, backup the rookie drafted in 2020 the next two years but have some familiarity with the offensive system.

Back
Top Bottom