A.j. Mccarron Released | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A.j. Mccarron Released

If I were a QB negotiating with the Dolphins I would start at 12 million and work my way down to a floor of 10. Think about it, they owe Ryan 26 million but 13 if he’s cut. If I get 12 they save 1 million and if I get 10 they save 3 million. That’s there price for making me the “right now” guy period. Unless I was really convinced I could become a long term solution. Why would anyone go lower?

Was working, not paying particular attention who, but someone this AM on NFL Network suggested the Fins trade Kiki and a 3rd for Rosen. I'd be all over that and signing McCarren. Both of these excite me a helluva lot more than Tyrod or Teddy!!! And if neither work out, we have one as a backup and the other as a trading chip while still in the Tua sweepstakes hunt.

I wouldn't have an issue with it since he'll be cheap. He is also going to be 29 when the season starts. Not 27

You are correct! He is 28 and will turn 29 in September. But he doesn't have a lot of miles playing, and will be a cheap option to bring in and compete.

This guy was traded after he couldn't beat out Peterman, what's that tell you?
Ooo Ooo, over here, over here! The answer is that the Jills aren't very bright about their QB situation either. How could ANY coaching staff think PETERMAN is an answer to anything? Can't wait for the Jills to implode. They're looking A LOT like the DOLPHINS of old, with their big spending & signing old players with the hope of a big pay off. ;)

Ooo Ooo, over here, over here! The answer is that the Jills aren't very bright about their QB situation either. How could ANY coaching staff think PETERMAN is an answer to anything? Can't wait for the Jills to implode. They're looking A LOT like the DOLPHINS of old, with their big spending & signing old players with the hope of a big pay off. ;)

Guess the Raiders don't know any better too since they let a perfectly good QB go who they gave a draft pick for. I am sure the rest of the NFL is knocking the door down to sign him.

Guess the Raiders don't know any better too since they let a perfectly good QB go who they gave a draft pick for. I am sure the rest of the NFL is knocking the door down to sign him.

Raiders wanted to keep A.J....But had to cut him for cash reasons...please keep up with current events.

Didn't the entire league pass on Cam Wake and the Eagles cut him as an UFA? And no one was knocking the door down for him at that point? Shouldn't that have made him undesirable? Oh and then there's Kurt Warner... who couldn';t even get invited to the CFL?

If I were a QB negotiating with the Dolphins I would start at 12 million and work my way down to a floor of 10. Think about it, they owe Ryan 26 million but 13 if he’s cut. If I get 12 they save 1 million and if I get 10 they save 3 million. That’s there price for making me the “right now” guy period. Unless I was really convinced I could become a long term solution. Why would anyone go lower?

Uh, they would go lower - much lower - because they have no where else to play. It's literally the only starting job available and Miami is in no rush to "win games". C'mon man, they aren't paying anyone anywhere near that or Bridgewater would have signed a long time ago.

Miami is not signing anyone of relevance this offseason. They are going to roll over oodles of cap space and acquire picks in 2020.

I was never super excited about any of the available QBs out there in FA. My hope is that we pick a QB in the first round and either start him right away or groom him behind a vet like a McCarran. Kyler, Haskins or Locke-one of them will be there at #13. Maybe Tyree Jackson if those 3 get snagged early.

Back
Top Bottom