A Johnson and Scott McGarrahan | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A Johnson and Scott McGarrahan

VanDolPhan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Originally posted by dolfan22
Albert Johnson ( the third no less ) had an outsatanding season in the Cfl prior to signing with Miami . He won rookie of the year , and had a ton of all purpose yardage . He excelled at punt returns . Does anyone know how his progress from surgery has/ is going? He may be a long shot , but if Miami adds no more recievers and is healthy I would not be surprised to see him earn a roster spot and contribute on special teams.

I have zero doubts he is an upgrade over Ogden ( he played for Winnipeg , where I live )

Haley was CFL Defensive Player of the Year. It doesn't convert over here and very few CFL'ers have much of a career after starting out in the CFL. CFL is full of 4th/5th string scrubs with the odd gem like Warren Moon.

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Reaction score
Originally posted by VanDolPhan

Haley was CFL Defensive Player of the Year. It doesn't convert over here and very few CFL'ers have much of a career after starting out in the CFL. CFL is full of 4th/5th string scrubs with the odd gem like Warren Moon.
P.S. Mark Dixon is also from the CFL

VanDolPhan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Like I said. "The odd gem". Garcia honestly should have never sunk that far. He ripped the CFL up. Dixon's is a good story however I don't think he's that good of an Offensive linemen.

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Reaction score
remember QB Henry Burris ex of CFL that we looked at, but GB signed - he was cut for Heupel - so that tell you a lot.

VanDolPhan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Originally posted by dolphan39
remember QB Henry Burris ex of CFL that we looked at, but GB signed - he was cut for Heupel - so that tell you a lot.

Nah it was a show of desperacy on the NFL level that he even got on someones roster. He was a QB on a really bad team in the CFL and wasn't even that good.

Top Bottom