A Kinder Saban? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A Kinder Saban?

DolfanTom said:
On a different note - as a Bills fan, were you perplexed about them going with Losman over Bledsoe this season? It seemed as if you really had something going at the end of last year, and that '05 would be even better. Now, you go with a guy who's taken 5 snaps? I know Losman has talent, but it really does seem like a step back. Unless he plays like Marino or Rothlisberger out of the gate, you're likely in for a long season! This isn't smack - it's just the history of "rookie" QBs in this league!

If you look at the mistakes Bledsoe made last year, they are pretty "rookieish"

He threw INT's at the worst times, holding the ball too long, sack...fumble........TD.

Losman is going to make mistakes, but if we can ease him into his role he should be OK. The begining of our schedule favors us too I believe, take a look:

Our first five game, the only top 10 rushing D we face is ATL at #9, we should be able to run the ball.

Plus three of our first 5 games are against poor pass defenses.

HOU is a good opener though, Tampa is gonna be bad this year. we play you guys in week 5, at home, just like last year.

Yeah you'll be coming off a bye, but its too early in the season to be a big advantage.

I'd say we have a great chance to beat HOU, and the Fins at home, and either TB or NO on the road.

That leaves ATL at home. we are at home, but ATL is good, so who knows?

That gives us 3-2 or 4-1. PLenty of time for Losman to get comfortable, and games we can win with a sfae offensive strategy.

Losman7 said:
If you look at the mistakes Bledsoe made last year, they are pretty "rookieish"

He threw INT's at the worst times, holding the ball too long, sack...fumble........TD.

Losman is going to make mistakes, but if we can ease him into his role he should be OK. The begining of our schedule favors us too I believe, take a look:

Our first five game, the only top 10 rushing D we face is ATL at #9, we should be able to run the ball.

Plus three of our first 5 games are against poor pass defenses.

HOU is a good opener though, Tampa is gonna be bad this year. we play you guys in week 5, at home, just like last year.

Yeah you'll be coming off a bye, but its too early in the season to be a big advantage.

I'd say we have a great chance to beat HOU, and the Fins at home, and either TB or NO on the road.

That leaves ATL at home. we are at home, but ATL is good, so who knows?

That gives us 3-2 or 4-1. PLenty of time for Losman to get comfortable, and games we can win with a sfae offensive strategy.

Fair enough. You are optimistic, but it could happen.

Back on the media front, in contrast, the Bills have all the national help they need in Chris Berman every week. My God, the Bills win one in a row and he brings out the ole' "circle the wagons" routine he's been using since the early '90s! OK, Chris, we get it - you like the Bills.

jlfin said:
If that were the case then why not trade the high salaried vets like JT and ZT and SM. At this point in their careers I think they have much higher expectations for this season than you do. I don't think they want to endure a 6-8 win season. With each passing year their trade value goes down, but they still have high cap numbers.

Trading all your vets leads to another 4-12 season and nobody to learn from. I think JT especially will be around for a few more great years, and it won't be that long before we are great with them, not despite them. Also, trading folk heros like JT and Zach would be a certain way of losing support for Saban. As it stands, we have a great veteran at each of the three sections of the defense, secondary, backers and line. Why ruin taht and make us less competitive, now and in the future?

finmann said:
This is a good read......it tells you what we already know.....turning this team around will take time and Saban is the man for the job.

Yep.

Back
Top Bottom