A Letter to Dave Wannstedt | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A Letter to Dave Wannstedt

Canuck

Starter
Reaction score
Dear Coach Wannstedt,

I am a Miami Dolphins fan. A diehard fan. I watched the likes of David Woodley, Don Strock and of course the great Dan Marino play for this team and win 0 SuperBowls in the process. Those teams did not have your defense and future hall of famer RB.

I believe, like so many others do, that this year's team can both get there AND win the big game THIS season. Unfortunately, it has become painfully obviously that we will not with the current play at QB. This is not a knee-jerk reaction to another loss by a disgruntled fan. This is a plain and obvious observation from watching Miami's offense play this season. last week our FB was the leading receiver, this week it was our TE. C'mon already Dave! It's time for you to make the tough call and bring in either Griese or Rosenfels off the bench and have someone under center who at least has the arm stength to put some amount of fear into opposing defenses with the deep throw. It's not happening now. There has not been any evidence to suggest that it will. Please, please, please, I beg of you as a Miami Dolphins fan......stop this love affair with Jay Fiedler now and save our season........before it's too late!

Yours truly,

Former Jay Fiedler supporter

Last edited by a moderator:
What happened to the ban on Jay bashing?? These ignorant people just do not know enough about football to make intelligent observations. These were the same ones wanting Lucas last year. How did that work out??
I know Jay is not Manning, but he is the best we have, and we are just going to have to face it. Enough of the same old BS. Shut up already.

I'm neither ignorant nor a Ray Lucas fan, but you wouldn't know that so I'll give you a pass.

I have no interest in tearing down our current staring QB and what he has accomplished as the starting QB of the Miami Dolphins to this point but I cannot turn a blind eye to his obvious deffiencies either. Griese wasn't brought here because he's good at handing out the gatorade on the sideline. And Rosenfels, is I believe in his 3rd year learning Norv's system (1 in Was, 2 here) and he has the strongest arm on the team. He throws a beautiful spiral, something Fiedler rarely does (beyond 15 yards anyway).

You could be right. You probably are, Fiedler is the best we have but are Griese and Rosenfels THAT much worse that it wouldn't be worth a shot throwing either in there for a start? QB controversy be damned, we're too good a team to be posting so little points on offense.

It's time for the changing of the guard at QB.

Did you have to share that love letter with us?

That can be taken care of next March-April. Can't do anything in October, now can you?

This guy calls somebody ignorant and there is not one MOD to make a warning. I dont get it.

This is so tiring. For the umpteenth time. Jay Fiedler did not lose this game. Olindo Mare lost this game, twice.
If Mare would have made that kick, with under 2 minutes to play, the majority of people on this board would have been talking about Jay, driving 70 yds. to get us in field goal range. The bashing would have subsided at least a little bit. He threw for 230 yds today, he kept drives going.
The first int he threw, hit DT right in the hands. He didn't underthrow and he didn't overthrow. Derius bobbled in up in the air. The second int was an underthrow. I don't know what play was called but the Pats blew it up and Jay did good to avoid the sack. He was throwing on the run. McMike was open but Jay would have had to throw across his body back toward the middle of the field. Either way you look at it we would have had to punt the ball and the Pats would have been right where they were.
This game was virtually even. Time of possession was even and total yard were even. This was the game we pay big bucks for kickers to make. Jay gave him the opportunity twice and he failed. Lay off Jay, for this one.

Canuck has a good point about Fiedlers weak arm. Chambers was open on his last int if he'd only led him with the ball. Instead due to lack of arm strength he threw short. On the other side Brady came in and did exacltly what Fiedler should have done on the play before.

Also, good point. Why are our FB's and TE's getting more yards than the WR's. Fiedler cant get the ball down field beyond 20 yards at the most. If thats enough to win so be it but Teams are not playing us downfield and we are at a disadvantage. But I also agree that Griese and Sage are not the answer. Trent Green could have been a Phin if Wanny wasnt in love with Jay

Originally posted by Denny
This guy calls somebody ignorant and there is not one MOD to make a warning. I dont get it.

you got some SERIOUS beef with the mods, don't cha?

Contrary to popular belief, we are not omnipotent. Sorry to disappoint everyone. :)

We have lives outside of volunteering to this site. Sometimes we settle things via PM. Sometimes in public. And sometimes we don't do anything when the post in question does not address anyone in particular......like in this instance.

Again, the only reason this thread is here is because it's Sunday. :)

Granted Jay isnt going to take this team anywhere. But with the way that the Offensive line is playing....Griese is not the answer. Griese has the mobility of a beached whale and if he is out there we will be sacked 5-10 times a game with this Oline. We are screwed either way....Sage may be the best option and then pick up a QB in the offseason.

I think we should stick with Fiedler. Look what he's accomplished!!! I say give him another 3+ seasons and THEN make a change..

Back
Top Bottom