A List of Player Invitees to Mini Camp | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A List of Player Invitees to Mini Camp

I think the DT's and WR's invites have the best shot at making the roster.
The kid out of Hawaii is a monster (size wise)
But IMHO ***a (DT, Hawaii) Pittman and Beard are the only one that have a real shot at making the roster.
We need to remember Saban loves the V word when it comes to players. That is why Danials will make the roster. He can play cornor, safety, nickle and dime back.
Pittman is a bit of a tweener as well. Big enough to play DT yet quick and strong enough to play DE in a three four.
Roth can play down in three and four man fronts and can also play LB (he did it in colledge)
Just remember the V word when it comes to the d side of the ball

Santana Moss' cousin Greg would have made that list because he was one of the invitees at one of their first workouts, but he ran a 4.6 which is terrible for a small, no, a very small DB......

FinNasty23 said:
different position... Sands was a SS and Bigby was a FS. Sands couldnt even play this year because O'Leary wouldnt let him. a couple of my boys are on the team and they said they couldnt even get into detail about why he could play... but i got to assume it was more than grades or something minor like that by the way they were talkin about it. Sands was good though and played well along side of Bigby. I figure Sands will end up with an invite to someones Mini-Camp but he hasnt played in a year and i doubt he will make a team. Maybe a practice squad though. Bigby was definatly better though... he just doesnt hit as hard as Sands.

Nasty

Sands was academically ineligible and i believe he practiced with the team this year, but at some point in the year he decided to hire an agent and work out for the draft.

FinNasty23 said:
different position... Sands was a SS and Bigby was a FS. Sands couldnt even play this year because O'Leary wouldnt let him. a couple of my boys are on the team and they said they couldnt even get into detail about why he could play... but i got to assume it was more than grades or something minor like that by the way they were talkin about it. Sands was good though and played well along side of Bigby. I figure Sands will end up with an invite to someones Mini-Camp but he hasnt played in a year and i doubt he will make a team. Maybe a practice squad though. Bigby was definatly better though... he just doesnt hit as hard as Sands.

Nasty

Bigby was the MUCH better hitter than Sands...both were hard hitters, but Bigby could rattle.

FinNasty23 said:
Bigby definatly will make the team especially since we are thin at saftey! He is really good and a straight up playmaker! He can definatly compete to start this year versus Y. Bell...

Nasty

There's no definitely when you arent drafted and arent signed IMMEDIATELY after the draft.

well troops i must be optimistic here and say wow, look at all the players that nick is bringing in , of course i realize that it will be tough to find a sleeper player but at least nick is bringing in the guys to screen . dave didn't bring in this many players in his whole time while here. this excites me somewhat. I know , i know but there has been so much that has gone wrong for us that i am trying to be positive here. most guys will be cut but who knows what we will find . we may find a replacement for surtain and madison and maybe even fiedler. i will miss surtain and madison is still my main player in the secondary .

outtawack311 said:
I coulda sworn Bigby was SS and Sands was FS.

you are correct... sorry... i got a lil mixed up :wink:

I didnt remember Sands being that fast though... i mean, of course he was quick, i just dont remember him being blazing fast but i havent seen that kid play in like 2 years so u guys are probably right. Has any team picked up Sands as a UDFA?

Nasty

TerryTate said:
There's no definitely when you arent drafted and arent signed IMMEDIATELY after the draft.

of course... but i still think Bigby is enough of a playmaker to impress Saban and ATLEAST make it into training camp and probably make the team...

Nasty

My boy just found out from Peter Sands girlfriend that he is trying out for the Lions.

Nasty

Back
Top Bottom