A Little Help For The New Kid? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A Little Help For The New Kid?

So Be

Club Member
Reaction score
I have been on forums for years, but do not understand tags, thanks, and all the "GLITTER" to posts.

Call me a Dinosaur, if ya will but, I just used to "talkin" about my Phins without all the SIZZLE. I always loved the steak. :)

I am the same way. Been here for 4 years and know or care nothing about that stuff. I just found out about the thanks a few weeks ago. Still not sure if I am using it correctly but if I like something someone says I sometimes give them a thanks. More often I just thank people if they laugh/get my sense of humor. Most on here don't. As for the rest, you can see I have a long red thingy under my name. Have no idea what that means but am pretty sure it isn't a good thing. Either that or people don't agree a lot of the time. Not sure which and don't lose alot of sleep over it. I would be concerned if people were agreeing with me most of the time. That would scare me a bit.
So don't feel rained on, I don't understand that stuff either.

hahahahha it doesn't bother me that people are putting pictures and what not. It's just Dolphins fans supporting their team and showing pride. I don't have a problem with it.

I am the same way. Been here for 4 years and know or care nothing about that stuff. I just found out about the thanks a few weeks ago. Still not sure if I am using it correctly but if I like something someone says I sometimes give them a thanks. More often I just thank people if they laugh/get my sense of humor. Most on here don't. As for the rest, you can see I have a long red thingy under my name. Have no idea what that means but am pretty sure it isn't a good thing. Either that or people don't agree a lot of the time. Not sure which and don't lose alot of sleep over it. I would be concerned if people were agreeing with me most of the time. That would scare me a bit.
So don't feel rained on, I don't understand that stuff either.

KT,

I'm a sarcastic SOB, and the last time I was scared is when I met Ali in the Bahama's. His guy, Boudini Brwn and I had a problem. I look forward to you sense of humor.

As far as the count on thanks, tags, etc., I just wanna talk a bit of my Phins. Who the hell posts stuff for thanks?

I just learned how to post pictures.

And a fine job you are doing. Your avitar reminded me of ...........

Sorry, could not think of anything Dolphin.

As I said, I'm a new poster, and all the "bells and whistles" does amaze me.

hahahahha it doesn't bother me that people are putting pictures and what not. It's just Dolphins fans supporting their team and showing pride. I don't have a problem with it.

I agree. It's fun stuff, kinda like what cheerleaders do.

I'm just curious. How do these pic's for pretty gals and politics show support? I've led a sheltered life. LOL

I have been on forums for years, but do not understand tags, thanks, and all the "GLITTER" to posts.

Call me a Dinosaur, if ya will but, I just used to "talkin" about my Phins without all the SIZZLE. I always loved the steak. :)
The "Thanks" button is for when you like a post and want to "Thank" the poster for it.

You will see on the left hand bar under your name and avatar there is a section that says:

The "0" is the amount of times you thanked someone. The "1 Time in 1 Post" means that someone thanked you in a post. For your example, one of your posts was thanked once.

The thanks feature is meant to be fun and a way to give people credit when they deserve it.

"Tags" is what will help people find your post in the search function. You do not need to enter anything in, but if you do, those "tags" will make your thread easier to find. For example, if you add the tag of "Sparano", that means when somebody uses the search function and types in "Sparano", your thread will pop up in the results.

Back
Top Bottom