A look at draft analysis | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A look at draft analysis

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
I only put this in the forum to remind people that as much as we look over stats, scrutinize hgt. and wgt., watch film and read everything on a player, alot of the time the reality is different from perception. Most of the starters in the league are not the most coveted people in the draft. So do not get so caught up into what the so-called experts say. I'm sure you can remember Robert Galley, Steve Emtmann, Tony Mandarich, or Audrey Bruce and how they were all billed as the next great thing. But on the flip side you have the guys that actually live up to the hipe or exceed perceptions. Case in point, Brandon Marshall:
BIO: Full-time starter the past two seasons. Team.s leading receiver as a senior with 74/1,195/11. Junior totals included eight receptions for 84 yards, and he also spent time at safety during the second half of the season.

POSITIVES: King-sized possession wideout who may eventually develop into a tight end. Physical, outmuscles opponents and comes away with the reception. Consistently extends and catches the ball away from his frame. Offers the quarterback a nice target, has soft hands and plays with excellent body control. Adequate blocker downfield.

NEGATIVES: Overall game lacks quickness and speed. Marginal route-runner.

ANALYSIS: Displaying significant improvement as a senior, Marshall presents himself as a receiver used in third down or red-zone situations at the next level.

PROJECTION: Late Sixth Round
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/2006/draft/players/2846.html

I think he may have exceeded expectations a little.:D

I only put this in the forum to remind people that as much as we look over stats, scrutinize hgt. and wgt., watch film and read everything on a player, alot of the time the reality is different from perception. Most of the starters in the league are not the most coveted people in the draft. So do not get so caught up into what the so-called experts say. I'm sure you can remember Robert Galley, Steve Emtmann, Tony Mandarich, or Audrey Bruce and how they were all billed as the next great thing. But on the flip side you have the guys that actually live up to the hipe or exceed perceptions. Case in point, Brandon Marshall:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/2006/draft/players/2846.html

I think he may have exceeded expectations a little.:D

His listed size and speed are almost identical to Patrick Turner. Yet one gets separation and the other is struggling mightily so far, even getting off of the LOS. With any luck Turner makes a big leap next year, but at this point I'm not holding my breath.

Back
Top Bottom