A New Draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A New Draft

SF Dolphin Fan

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
1. Roland McClain - LB Alabama -- The big question is whether he'll drop to the middle of round 1. He may not be available when Miami picks, but he is a Bill Parcells type of player - tough, versatile, athletic and with great intangibles. If McClain is gone my second choice here would be Jermaine Gresham to give Henne a great weapon in the passing game.

2. Brandon Graham - DE/OLB Michigan - A Lamar Woodley clone, Graham is projected near the bottom of round 1/top of round 2. However, he won't impress with his athletic ability at the combine and may drop a bit. He is a player, though, and a perfect fit for what Miami does on defense. Joey Porter is close to done and Jason Taylor won't be around much longer either. The Dolphins need a pass rusher to eventually replace these guys.

3. Jimmy Graham - TE Miami -- A 6-8 tight end who can run in the 4.6 range. It's no secret that the Dolphins need to upgrade their pass catchers and give Henne some talent to work with. Graham is a step in that direction.

4. Kelton Tindal - WR Newberry -- A 6-3 small school sleeper with amazing speed (listed at 4.25). A gamble on greatness type of pick.

6. Jerell Powe - NT Ole Miss -- A run stopper, who at 6-2 330 has the size to challenge for a starting role.

6. Danio Alexander - WR - Missouri - A similar prospect to Patrick Turner, who at 6-5 shows good ability to go up and get the ball. Injuries drop him down.

7. Cam Thomas - DT N. Carolina -- A NT prospect at 6-3, 330.

7. Terrell Hudgins - WR. Elon -- Speed is a question, but he is a player with pretty good size at 6-2. Miami loads up at wide receiver.

That would be an excellent draft. I think McClain is projected somewhere in the middle of the first round so I think we have a decent shot at getting him. He would be at the top of my wish list. I might also add a running back on draft day, but a lot will depend on what happens with Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams (who could decide to call it a career).

I like the first two picks but would like to see a WR taken in the 3rd. Hopefully Golden Tate will still be around in the third.

Definitely like the McClain and Graham picks. Watched Graham play today and he looked great.

denario alexander would be a mix of anquan boldin and jeremy maclin before he got hurt he was better then maclin (stated by all commentators and his coaching staff) and he is big he would be like having orande gasden again i hope he is still available in the second

denario alexander would be a mix of anquan boldin and jeremy maclin before he got hurt he was better then maclin (stated by all commentators and his coaching staff) and he is big he would be like having orande gasden again i hope he is still available in the second

Do you think he'll go that high? I was thinking in the 4-6 round range.

I like the first two picks but would like to see a WR taken in the 3rd. Hopefully Golden Tate will still be around in the third.

Definitely like the McClain and Graham picks. Watched Graham play today and he looked great.

I like Golden Tate and Mardy Gilyard a lot, but they aren't the big, physical wide receiver that Miami is looking for. An upgrade to be sure, though. I'm not really excited about this receiver class overall -- maybe I'm a bit spoiled in watching all the good receivers that have come out recently. I'm really hoping that the Dolphins can get a #1 receiver in free agency, but I realize that's a little unrealistic.

I like Golden Tate and Mardy Gilyard a lot, but they aren't the big, physical wide receiver that Miami is looking for. An upgrade to be sure, though. I'm not really excited about this receiver class overall -- maybe I'm a bit spoiled in watching all the good receivers that have come out recently. I'm really hoping that the Dolphins can get a #1 receiver in free agency, but I realize that's a little unrealistic.

Like Turner and Wilford?
Tate is Steve Smith (Car) part 2. Catches everything. Strongest hands ive seen of a receiver coming out. He was a RB and takes runs up the gut so idk about him not being physical. He is rarely taken down with the first hit and has a knack for getting YAC. Gilyard is Ginn.

All I'm saying is I'll be very, very disappointed if we wait until the 6th round to go after a WR. Unless you're taking into account that we land either Vincent Jackson or Brandon Marshall. Otherwise, if we don't fill our void at WR early in the draft I'm going to go ape ****.

All I'm saying is I'll be very, very disappointed if we wait until the 6th round to go after a WR. Unless you're taking into account that we land either Vincent Jackson or Brandon Marshall. Otherwise, if we don't fill our void at WR early in the draft I'm going to go ape ****.
Yeah, I understand that. I think if Dez Bryant drops a little past top 10 Miami may trade up for him. I love the way Bryant goes up and gets the ball. He is Chris Chambers with good hands, which in essence is a Pro Bowl wide receiver. After Bryant, though, I'm just not sold on this class at least in terms of what the Dolphins need.

Like Turner and Wilford?
Tate is Steve Smith (Car) part 2. Catches everything. Strongest hands ive seen of a receiver coming out. He was a RB and takes runs up the gut so idk about him not being physical. He is rarely taken down with the first hit and has a knack for getting YAC. Gilyard is Ginn.

That's a good point. Size doesn't matter if a guy can play and be tough. We'd all be happy with Steve Smith for sure. What are your thoughts on some of the top receivers?

That would be an excellent draft. I think McClain is projected somewhere in the middle of the first round so I think we have a decent shot at getting him. He would be at the top of my wish list. I might also add a running back on draft day, but a lot will depend on what happens with Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams (who could decide to call it a career).

Depending on what the front office decides regarding Ronnie Brown, running back could be high on the list. I kind of think that Brown's injury makes it more likely that he ends up with the Dolphins (other teams may not take a chance), but then again you just never know. If Brown leaves than the team may look for a guy like Toby Gerhart in the 2nd.

1. Roland McClain - LB Alabama -- The big question is whether he'll drop to the middle of round 1. He may not be available when Miami picks, but he is a Bill Parcells type of player - tough, versatile, athletic and with great intangibles. If McClain is gone my second choice here would be Jermaine Gresham to give Henne a great weapon in the passing game.

2. Brandon Graham - DE/OLB Michigan - A Lamar Woodley clone, Graham is projected near the bottom of round 1/top of round 2. However, he won't impress with his athletic ability at the combine and may drop a bit. He is a player, though, and a perfect fit for what Miami does on defense. Joey Porter is close to done and Jason Taylor won't be around much longer either. The Dolphins need a pass rusher to eventually replace these guys.

3. Jimmy Graham - TE Miami -- A 6-8 tight end who can run in the 4.6 range. It's no secret that the Dolphins need to upgrade their pass catchers and give Henne some talent to work with. Graham is a step in that direction.

4. Kelton Tindal - WR Newberry -- A 6-3 small school sleeper with amazing speed (listed at 4.25). A gamble on greatness type of pick.

6. Jerell Powe - NT Ole Miss -- A run stopper, who at 6-2 330 has the size to challenge for a starting role.

6. Danio Alexander - WR - Missouri - A similar prospect to Patrick Turner, who at 6-5 shows good ability to go up and get the ball. Injuries drop him down.

7. Cam Thomas - DT N. Carolina -- A NT prospect at 6-3, 330.

7. Terrell Hudgins - WR. Elon -- Speed is a question, but he is a player with pretty good size at 6-2. Miami loads up at wide receiver.
I like your Mock. However, we won't draft that many WR's you can be assured of that. Expect to see a few LB's taken.

I would love to draft McClain, and if he isn't available I wouldn't be surprised with Arrelious Benn or an OLB like Jerry Hughes. I wouldn't mind Gresham but I can't see us taking him. People can talk all they want about how Fasano or Haynos suck because they don't have 2000 yards receiving and 20 TD's, but the fact is they're starting for a reason, and that's because they're among the best blocking TE's in the NFL. We will remain a running team next year, and I'm confident they will remain the TE's due to their ability to block. Not a big fan of Brandon Graham. I would love Golden Tate or Brandon LaFell here if we don't draft Benn/Bryant. I absolutely love Jimmy Graham. I'm also a huge Canes homer. But I think Graham can be a very good TE at the next level. Tindal isn't a bad pick, but don't get your hopes up. Our staff is smart enough to look past amazing physical attributes and combine numbers to look at attributes that matter like route running, hands, football IQ, etc. Would love Jerrel Powe. Wouldn't mind Thomas either. Can't see us taking any more than 2 WR's in this draft at the most. Don't be surprised if we only take one WR the whole draft. Expect us to stock up on LB's.

Expect us to resign Ronnie Brown. The reason we're such a great running team is there's no clashing of ego's between Brown and Williams. Brown has no problem splitting snaps. He's been doing it his whole career, even in college. Williams on the other hand wants to be the backup. He prefers to be out the spotlight. These 2 backs compliment each other very nicely. I really like Lex as well. So while a lot of people are clamoring for us to take a RB, don't get your hopes up. We might take one in the later rounds of the draft. I love McCluster as much as the next guy, but as long as he keeps playing at this rate, he's going to keep improving his stock. He'll be a 2nd rounder when it's all said and done with.

We need a playmaker WR even more so than a big, physical WR. I'd take Golden Tate in a heartbeat.

Little high for Graham IMO....but probably as much upside as any tight end in this draft athletically.....I could see him going as high as the 3rd round....but you're almost always best served using picks that high on players that aren't as raw as Graham and are more experienced...

Really like the Cam Thomas pick....especially at that spot....I don't think he'll last that long but if he did it's excellent value IMO and a not just a name the people like to throw out there....this kid can actually project on the nose...

Back
Top Bottom