A New Era Dawns On Dolphin Defensive Line | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A New Era Dawns On Dolphin Defensive Line

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score

usa_today_10509526.0.jpg

Jasen Vinlove-USA TODAY Sports

It’s a new day for the Miami Dolphins’ defensive line. When opposing offenses come to Hard Rock Stadium in September, they’ll have to deal with the scorching sun and the heat of the blistering pass rush Miami intends to mount against them. You can be sure that quarterbacks who come to call won’t be looking forward to facing the Dolphins’ four headed monster - Cameron Wake, William Hayes, the newly acquired Robert Quinn and last year’s first round pick, Charles Harris. Too bad there isn’t a sunscreen available that will ward off pass rushers.

https://www.thephinsider.com/2018/7/13/17568574/a-new-era-dawns-on-dolphin-defensive-line

usa_today_10509526.0.jpg

Jasen Vinlove-USA TODAY Sports

It’s a new day for the Miami Dolphins’ defensive line. When opposing offenses come to Hard Rock Stadium in September, they’ll have to deal with the scorching sun and the heat of the blistering pass rush Miami intends to mount against them. You can be sure that quarterbacks who come to call won’t be looking forward to facing the Dolphins’ four headed monster - Cameron Wake, William Hayes, the newly acquired Robert Quinn and last year’s first round pick, Charles Harris. Too bad there isn’t a sunscreen available that will ward off pass rushers.

https://www.thephinsider.com/2018/7/13/17568574/a-new-era-dawns-on-dolphin-defensive-line

I'm uncomfortable with the ""they WILL have to deal with . . . " No one knows that. And "A new era dawns . . ." sounds too self-assured. So much for the unfortunate qualifications. This does seem to be the bet pass rush unit in a long time, and not just starters. Phillips has the tools. Godchaux played well and Malvaux looked good in limited action. And that's not counting LBs and safeties. Miami's pass rush SHOULD be much better. Burke needs to make it happen.

I love the enthusiasm, one of the keys to success is keeping these guys fresh by rotating them regularly....I think I'll leave it there for now.

If our DE's are to "tee off" we must be a team that scores first and often. This defense will not play well from behind and we will be forced to bring up our safeties to stop the gashing ground game. We will find out very quickly if Suh has been over-hyped and over-paid or just over-paid.

A few years ago, we had Wake, Suh, Vernon, and Shelby. Armando himself said “This D line is no joke.”

Until opening day.

It grenaded then.

Now Wake is Wake, and will put out as he always does. I believe Godchaux will as well.

Maybe Phillips will bust his ass. It is a contract year.

Quinn is the wild card. Will he be another Den Herder? Or will he piss out like Mario Williams?

I’d say we have the tools. But we’ve all been saying that for years now.

Time will tell.

Any one or two of those guys need to turn into a terror to scare anyone. It can come from a backer too but I'll qait until i see it.

Back
Top Bottom