A new GM | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A new GM

Spielman would be snapped up faster than a blink of an eye and all since of "direction" would be lost. You think an agent will restructure a contract with a newcomer? Don't forget if you want to be competitive in free agency, that's what we are relying on next year.

Firing the coach and GM - That is where your 3-13 season starts.

Originally posted by ZOD
Spielman would be snapped up faster than a blink of an eye and all since of "direction" would be lost. You think an agent will restructure a contract with a newcomer? Don't forget if you want to be competitive in free agency, that's what we are relying on next year.

Firing the coach and GM - That is where your 3-13 season starts.

Bates isn't our GM, he is head of personal, or some title like that. Dave has first and last call on all football descions. You also can't give him credit for O-Gun since it is well documented that Dave found O-Gun while visiting his Daughter at IU.

I would hate to see him go though. He is a great contract guy, and has went out and got every one Dave has wanted.

That's "Spielman" and his title?

Senior Vice President- Football operations/Player personell

The funny thing about our list of administration is no other "Senior Vice President" has the word "football" in his title.

You say potato. I say potato.

He is the GM.

I like Spielman, he's done a good job of bringing in talent that helps keep this team competitive. Other names this season I havne't seen mentioned are Zegonia and T-Buck.

But I think it's dangerous to oversimply our problems at any point. Is it the coach? Is it the QB? Is it the Oline? Is it the personnel guru?
To some extent it's all of these, but fixing any one or all of them does not necessarily equal success. There are no guarentees of what the results of your decisions will be. A player that was a siginifant contributor elsewhere may have next to no impact on your team at all (Thompson). A player that everyone wrote of as injured and unable to compete due to those injuries could be a real diamond in the rough (Oguleye). Also, the more changes you create, the more work it is for the new players and management to come together and jell as an organization. But from free agents to the draft, injuries during the season to execution on the field, you don't know what's going to happen and how things will work out.

the only problem is coaching where they are afraid to take risks when it is needed or do something different through the season. not anything else IMO. some decisions were not so good but nothing was detrimental excpet maybe the LT position.

Originally posted by ZOD
That's "Spielman" and his title?

Senior Vice President- Football operations/Player personell

The funny thing about our list of administration is no other "Senior Vice President" has the word "football" in his title.

You say potato. I say potato.

He is the GM.

Yeah the Bates thing was a big screw up. He deffinitly has a big role on the team, but is no where near the GM. A GM could fire and hire a coach. A GM has the last say on every aspect of the team including the staff and players. That is obviously not his role. Dave tells Rick Speilman who he wants and no matter if its Ricky, Norv, or a draft pick he gets it done. Dave is the GM, and Rick is his next in line.

Back
Top Bottom