A new JEST cancer : Revis skips Jets' OTA | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A new JEST cancer : Revis skips Jets' OTA

I think this might be the one? I don't know enough about the Jets to know how true it is.

"Revis is reportedly telling friends that the Jets have broken promises to him and are doing the same thing that they've done to players like Pete Kendall, Chris Baker, Laveranues Coles and Leon Washington, all of whom departed the Jets after acrimonious contract negotiations."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/06/03/revis-described-as-furious-could-skip-training-camp/

The difference is those players in the past were not core guys w/ the possible exception of leon who I believe would have gotten his deal had he not gotten hurt.

The difference is those players in the past were not core guys w/ the possible exception of leon who I believe would have gotten his deal had he not gotten hurt.
How concerned are you about the Jets and their financial situation after this year? Do you think they will work it out with most of their players?

Yeah, I agree Revis is in another class than those players, which is why he doesn't want to be treated like them. This hole thing is extremely complicated though. Did you see this article by Cimini? I don't what will happen, but I can't see the Jets not paying the man some how.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-yorkjet...ure?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

How concerned are you about the Jets and their financial situation after this year? Do you think they will work it out with most of their players?

Right now I'm not worried. We do have a bunch of guys but I'll be shocked if we don't re-sign revis, Mangold, Brick and Harris Plus 1-2 of the following: Edwards, Holmes, Cromartie. We have money coming off the books after this year and I fully expect to re-sign most of our potential FAs.

Cancer?

It's a contract holdout. Guys do this every year. Revis SHOULD holdout. You guys are REALLY stretching.

As of right now the Jets projected 2011 cap figure is $97 million. That doesn't include the signing of any rookies. That $97 million figure can be trimmed quite a bit by getting rid of aging guys like Damian Woody (possible replacement in Vlad?), Brian Thomas, Jason Taylor and Ladanian Tomlinson.

I don't think Tanny will have any problem retaining the core 4, and a few others.

Hes not a cancer.... Hes making $550k this season when hes the best CB in the game... Anyways I don't expect this to last much longer, according to Revis' best friend and manager, the deal should be done soon. And the a source said that the Jets have enough money opened up to pay Revis, Mangold, Harris, and Brick long term deals.

Here is my prediction. He continues to hold out until the season starts. Then he only plays when he wants to. Coaches get mad, cut him, Miami picks him up.
:jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::sidelol::sidelol::sidelol:

I totally agree, the JEST should give him the money he deserves, but in the mean time, maybe this could be a problem inside the locker room..., don´t u think?

This is wishful thinking that occurs on the same level as 'Do you think Jason Taylor signed with the Jets as a Dolphins spy?'. Revis is playing his agent's game, which is to negotiate through the press. Revis will most likely have a deal before TC, the question will be how much back-bending the Jets had to do to sign him long-term.

As far as the idea that Revis will become a locker room cancer... go ahead and re-new your HBO subscription to make sure you get to watch that cancer in the locker room for this season of HBO's Hard Knocks. Maybe you will find him picking his nose or something and then brag about the downfall of the Jets.

Hes not a cancer.... Hes making $550k this season when hes the best CB in the game... Anyways I don't expect this to last much longer, according to Revis' best friend and manager, the deal should be done soon. And the a source said that the Jets have enough money opened up to pay Revis, Mangold, Harris, and Brick long term deals.

I keep forgetting there is no salary cap this season. Revis is one hell of a CB and deserves more money then $550k, really that's all he's getting? Not that it's not a lot of money (it's a lot of cash) but compared to other CB's that's nothing.

Back
Top Bottom