A New Mock | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A New Mock

SF Dolphin Fan

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
Man I can't wait for the draft. In the meantime, there are about five players I'd like to see Miami get at #16. In my mock, I'm going to forecast a trade down in the first round about 7 spots down. Here it goes.

1. Mangold C -- The top interior lineman and a potential all-pro with some experience under his belt. Miami picks up a 2nd rounder in trade down. Other considerations: Greenway if he falls, Holmes (very intriguing), Watson (Saban needs a guy like this), Lawson, Simpson, McNeil, Carpenter.
2. Watkins S -- Ballhawk at safety. Other considerations: Griffin, Scott, Ryan if he drops that far (he might), Jean-Gillies, Wroten.
3. Jacobs QB -- Maybe high for a qb since Miami has Culpepper, but this guy is so intriguing that Saban pulls the trigger. Other considerations: Hester, Whitworth, Trueblood, Blue, Pollard, Griffin if he falls that far, Havner, Orr.
4. Blackmon CB/Wr -- Versatile CB/Wr who is a team first guy with talent. Other considerations: Jackson DT, Auburn, Whitehurst if he falls, Strief, Zemaitis, Gordon.
7. Vaughn LB -- An LSU guy
7. Slay S -- Could be a special teams demon.
7. Anderson DT Oregon State -- A project with some ability.

I believe Vaughn will be gone before our pick in the 7th, long gone. As for Jacobs, as much as I wanted him before, I can't see us taking a QB in the third. Maybe with one of our 7th rounders or as an UFA. I really like Blackmon as a CB, and I like the Watkins pick. I think if we trade down a considerable margin, we get a 1st, 2nd, and maybe a 5th or 6th, not just a 1st and 2nd.

i dont think we take a qb in the third. to many other needs. i wouldnt want blackmon either in the fourth. better cb prospects in the fourth we can get.

motioncityhifi said:
i dont think we take a qb in the third. to many other needs. i wouldnt want blackmon either in the fourth. better cb prospects in the fourth we can get.

Before the move to WR, Blackmon was considered one of the top three CB's. With Saban, he can completely make Blackmon that same CB.

WelcomeBack said:
I believe Vaughn will be gone before our pick in the 7th, long gone. As for Jacobs, as much as I wanted him before, I can't see us taking a QB in the third. Maybe with one of our 7th rounders or as an UFA. I really like Blackmon as a CB, and I like the Watkins pick. I think if we trade down a considerable margin, we get a 1st, 2nd, and maybe a 5th or 6th, not just a 1st and 2nd.

Vaughn might be more of a 5th rounder. It will be interesting to see which way Saban goes. I expect the majority of the picks to be on defense this time around with my sleeper first round pick being Gabe Watson -- if Miami trades down a bit.

motioncityhifi said:

Blackmon is actually a guy who I think could be a steal. He is certainly a team player who was willing to switch to wr for the good of the team. He will need work, but has talent.

WelcomeBack said:
Before the move to WR, Blackmon was considered one of the top three CB's. With Saban, he can completely make Blackmon that same CB.

I agree. I think he's one of the more intriguing CB's out there.

Back
Top Bottom