A new player in trading up? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A new player in trading up?

Denverfinfan

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
What about Oakland? I thought when they picked up Moss, that they were done for the draft, but now by sending Jolly to the jests, they are stockpiling picks. It could be that they could trade up and give up several 2nd, 3rd, and 6th picks. It may not be the best in terms of quality, but if Saban has a good read on players like Randal Gay (pats) they could pull out a number of hidden (inexpensive) gems.

Saban says that he wants more picks. My ideal situation would be, trading the pick to Tampa, then trading again with Minn for a later 1st rounder, then trading that to the raiders.

Justa thought.

finsnchips said:
nope... they do not have enough ammo.
They may not have enought ammo to get the #2, but maybe if we trade down with TB or MIN, they could put something together for the #5, #7 or the #18. Who knows?

The #26 plus Houston's 2nd would probably be enough for the #18. I don't know why they'd want to trade up, though. That defense has a LOT of holes, so quantity, not quality, is the right play.

BTW, does anyone else think they completely screwed the Jets in getting a #1 pick for Doug Jolley? Do the Jets seriously think he's better than Heath Miller?

They do not have two second round picks.

They traded Houston's pick #47 to the Jets.

The new players in trading up are the Cowboys, Chargers, and Eagles. The other teams have been noisy about the process, but it could be that any of these three are quietly waiting to pull the trigger. They all have the ammo for it, and I think we know in the case of the Eagles and Cowboys that they like to be quite strategic and that they're willing to pull the trigger on things when they make sense to the very decisive men running the show.

phunwin said:
BTW, does anyone else think they completely screwed the Jets in getting a #1 pick for Doug Jolley? Do the Jets seriously think he's better than Heath Miller?

I was thinking the very same thing....

IMO, a TE isn't worth a 1st round pick, unless it's someone like Sharp in his prime. Look what we got in McMike in a later round.

WharfRat said:

IMO, a TE isn't worth a 1st round pick, unless it's someone like Sharp in his prime. Look what we got in McMike in a later round.
They didn't give up a first...

Jets: #26

for

Raiders: #47, Jolley and 2 6th round picks.

WharfRat said:

I always smile when our foes do something stupid. :tongue:

cowtowndick said:
They may not have enought ammo to get the #2, but maybe if we trade down with TB or MIN, they could put something together for the #5, #7 or the #18. Who knows?

That is what I was thinking of. I would like to see multiple trades of picks perhaps even moving out of the 1st round altogether. There are a lot of holes to fill here as well.

The 26th pick IS in the 1st round

Back
Top Bottom