A new post category: Movies/Entertainment | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A new post category: Movies/Entertainment

SCall13

Finheaven QB
Reaction score
The lounge is cool...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But we need an entertainment category. The lounge can still be the "sitting around, chewing the fat" type category. But I think it would be to have a category where we could talk movies, music, give our own reviews of such, talk about who will be in upcoming movies, what new albums artists are working on and will soon be out, etc. Just a suggestion. I had quite a few "yes" responses to this when I asked what other guys thought and they thought it was worth suggesting here in the Suggestions....SO I have. What do ya think Mods?

If there are enough people interested in talking about this stuff, I'd like to see it here. I know I spend a good amount of time at DVDTalk.com talking mainly TV. It would be far more convenient to have quality discussion about things like Prison Break, Nip/Tuck, The Shield, and Veronica Mars here.

i don't really think we need it, the lounge already covers this stuff, if you want to talk about entertainment just start a new thread in the lounge and we'll discuss

jnewmant said:
i don't really think we need it, the lounge already covers this stuff, if you want to talk about entertainment just start a new thread in the lounge and we'll discuss

The problem that exists in the lounge is that things move so quickly. I agree that the subject matter is covered, but perhaps it would be good to have a subforum for that sort of stuff.

scall, your suggestion might have merit sometime down the road. The challenge in splitting out sub-forums is that you run the risk of over-segmenting, and ending up with a lot of forums that each have very little traffic. It's a fine line.

Sometimes those things take on a life of their own, as the Graphics forum did when its traffic demanded it be split out into its own forum rather than remain part of the Lounge.

If the Admins notice enough activity of the sort that you're calling out, I'm sure they'll consider something along the line of what you describe.

Thanks for the suggestion though!

Back
Top Bottom