A partial report for the defense | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A partial report for the defense

Ozzy

Premium Member
Reaction score
OK I did it again!!! I need a darn Secretary or something!!!!!!!!!!!

I had an awesome lengthy report made up for the defense, one of my better reports IMO, and I had it all set up to send out. I highlighted it all, clicked to copy it, and hit paste instead without knowing my offensive report was still copied in my browser. I sent the mail to myself as a backup without knowing I had erased what I had just spent 2 hours on.

So here is the short version.

Lb's

On the very first play Jr. Seau was all up in Jammie Nails face. Moving up and back. Is he coming or is he not? When Ruddy Snapped the ball Jr. ran straight in between Nails and Jerman. Jerman had to worry about JT, who just stayed at the line. Seau did not take an angle to the Qb! Instead he ran in a straight line letting Nails keep him away from the Qb. This happened so fast that I did not even see Zach Thomas fly thru the gap to say hello to Fiedler. SackAttack.

On the second play they lined up the same way, with Jr. again blitzing. This time the offense sent RW's out thru the line to the left. But JT slipped right out with him and disrupted the play.

The next play had Chambers get a short ball thrown his way over the middle.

The next play after that Jr., and Greenwood switched places during the snap count. Both of them shot to the line on the snap, with Greenwood holding the lineman up on his side, and Jr. bolting thru. Zach slid out to the strongside, while Knight shifted up for support on the weakside. Robert Edwards rolled out to the left, and seemed wide open. Fiedler tossed it to him, and Zach just flew to the ball, hitting Edwards right in the chest just as the ball got there. Another disrupted play.

I'll say this about this years Lb's, know matter who wins the battle between Greenwood, who seems very game, and Moore, who has a knack for being around the ball, this is a huge upgrade over last years group. And Newcomer Corey Jenkins is a great hitter, he may be slight in weight, but he is lean and mean in muscle mass. He used his strength along with leverage to knock the snot out of people. He was excellent in the middle drills. And from what I herd on the radio he had an even better morning practice. Of course this is only the first practice so I may be getting way ahead of myself, but so what! It's news for us.

OK I'm really sad that I lost that report once again. It's 6:15 am, and I've not slept, so when I get up I'll post the rest of the defense on this thread, so check back in here later..

thanks for a great (even if partial) report Oz.

If our D has LBs (and depth) that are almost as good as our DL and DBs, we will truly be domininant and at least as good as TB. Sounds like all that hitting and disruption can only lead to one thing; and it is the one thing this team need more of from our D - takeaways :D

Originally posted by Ozzy

The next play after that Jr., and Greenwood switched places during the snap count. Both of them shot to the line on the snap, with Greenwood holding the lineman up on his side, and Jr. bolting thru. Zach slid out to the strongside, while Knight shifted up for support on the weakside.

This is where Knight comes in handy. Knights practically a 4-6 defensive safety so he'll be the guy in there when they are blitzing and playing a short field.

Thanks for this report too Ozzy. Like you said, is just starting but the season is getting closer.

Ozzy rules!!

Originally posted by Sherif
Bates won't use this agressive D during the games. No balls.

Way to be optimistic ;\.

I hope they do (there is second guessing Bates), but I think they HAVE to be aggressive this year. We've not been for too long now. Can't just rely on talent every year :( .

OK... I've been lurking long enough. Time for my first post.
I'm a little down this year. Not on my beloved Fins of course..
After living my whole life in S Fla and going to Fins camps since they were at St Thomas University, I got transfered this year to Orlando. I envy all you guys who are making the trips to camp and I can't tell you how much us die hards appreciate it.

Back on topic.... This defense is gonna DOMINATE!!! There are real playmakers at every position. I'd hate to be the OC for the opposition this year. There's gonna be a lot of sleepless nights.

I've been listening to QAM and 940am online all day and I hear Zach and JR look like they are gonna be a good 1-2 punch.

Damn...this is the longest offseason in history.

GO FINS!!

Yeah, watch Jr. flirting at the line was great to see. Is he blitzing, is he not? Showing blitz, backing off, then coming anyways, making the OL think just before the snap. Other then occasionally moving JT to the left side, our D has been too predictable for too long. This is a great new dimention.

I also hope that Moore will push Greenwood into being the player we thought he could be. If Morlon is playing well, it's ok with me if Moore spends a year learning as a backup before he becomes the starter.

Thanks Oz, I was waiting to hear how Jr. and Zach can mix it up! This will be a dangerous defense this year, even more than last.

Seau did not take an angle to the Qb! Instead he ran in a straight line letting Nails keep him away from the Qb. This happened so fast that I did not even see Zach Thomas fly thru the gap to say hello to Fiedler. SackAttack.

Oooh. Shades of Bill Belichick, back when he use to have Chad Cascadden blitz up just to take out a blocker while another blitzer crawled over his back and went after Marino.

If they practice it in Training Camp, you can bet we'll see it during games Sherif. Will we see it when the chips are down, the opponent is driving in the final minutes to tie or win the game and we need a play? Maybe, probably not...Bates will choose that time to go into his shell and "let the players make a play" I think we'll see that sort of stuff more toward the beginning of the game on our way to dominating the other team.

There were some people who really didnt like the Corey Jenkins pick, I think he's gonna be good in whatever role he plays and thats why the coaches really had him ear-marked for so long. I mean they really had their eye on him for a long time, I guess they just KNEW he'd be a special teams force. I don't know how they could have known he'd make the conversion to linebacker so easily but hey, it seems to be working. I do know that in the first and only two games he ever played safety in, against Clemson and the Gators, he had something like 2 forced fumbles, and 2 interceptions, with a whole lot of tackles. Maybe the guy is a sleeper, all that time spent as QB he really should have been playin on D.

BTW from what I hear about the guy he pops people hard but the tackling technique still sloppy...he'll miss tackles.

Thanks for another excellent report Ozzy. It really helps those who are not able to make it to training camp to have these comprehensive camp reports. Look forward to the next. Can't wait for the season to start.

Back
Top Bottom