A Plea to the Miami Dolphins F.O. and HC - Add Your Thoughts, Fin Fans! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A Plea to the Miami Dolphins F.O. and HC - Add Your Thoughts, Fin Fans!

marino2duper73

Active Roster
Reaction score
I remember not too long ago when I had this exact same feeling about this team at the start of the offseason. Then we picked Ted Ginn, Jr. The Brandon Marshall trade feels the same way as when Cam Cameron welcomed the Ginn Family to South Florida.

There aren't any magic formulas to Brandon Marshall being traded, just as there weren't any complex equations to Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams leaving. Brandon Marshall wasn't the answer to this team's playoff chances, and we all knew it. We were just in denial about it. The core of this team's inability to win games, whether close losses or blowout losses, is leadership. No one that has been brought into Miami, coach or player, over the last 13 years has had this team thinking as a Champion.

Why do the Patriots succeed as they do? Leadership. Period. Tom Brady and Company are examples of their Head Coach. Their Head Coach is an example of their Ownership. Same goes for the Giants, Saints, Colts (before the fire sale), and the Packers. Just like the Dolphins were with Joe Robbie, Don Shula, and Dan Marino. If the Dolphins are to become an elite, dominating team that is competing for a Championship year in and year out, it has to start with the owner of the club. Stephen Ross may have the willingness to spend money. However, if he doesn't LOVE this team like the owners of the previously mentioned teams do/did, he doesn't have the passion to win. He just has the desire to make money.

In the end, a lot of decisions go into making any one decision in the NFL. What we as fans see are the final decisions, and may not fully comprehend the decisions that may have been made prior to the end result, so to speak. There isn't always a reason other than money sometimes. There isn't always a clear fact to back up a choice that is made.

HOWEVER, I feel that Dolphins fans have paid their dues since 1973. I feel that every moment we have all spent hoping....watching....dreaming...speculating....on how close we almost were to winning this game, or how far we fell to lose that game...the fans have paid the price. We have worn your jerseys, hats, and shirts. We have your logo all over our homes. All over our kids. All over our lives. We deserve better than what you have given us, Miami Dolphins Football Team! We have responded to your requests for loyalty every Sunday for most of our lives, whether young or old. We have watched you even after we SWORE we wouldn't after that crushing defeat. WE may not get on the field, but we carry the burden 365 days of the year. To the A-Hole Patriot fan at work, or the classmate that only likes the Jets because you're a Fins fan.....we deal with THAT guy or gal. Daily. Return our team to a Champion to be respected and feared by opponents, not the team opponents love to abuse. PLEASE!

Finally, I feel that it does not matter who our GM is. It doesn't matter who our Head Coach is. It does not matter who our QB is. If this Miami Dolphins team, from the custodian in the bathrooms to the Owner himself, does not have the heart of a Champion, then it will not be a Champion.

470_2231677-1.0

1 of the best reads on here in some time...Thanks!!

Thanks Muss! I'm sure the "Koolaid" comments will flourish, but it is a simple, honest take. "All things Champion in the sports world have heart before success." - Some guy that used to wear a Dolphins jersey for 17 years and went to Pitt and had the number that made certain Fridays creepy.

i remember not too long ago when i had this exact same feeling about this team at the start of the offseason. Then we picked ted ginn, jr. The brandon marshall trade feels the same way as when cam cameron welcomed the ginn family to south florida.

There aren't any magic formulas to brandon marshall being traded, just as there weren't any complex equations to ronnie brown and ricky williams leaving. Brandon marshall wasn't the answer to this team's playoff chances, and we all knew it. We were just in denial about it. The core of this team's inability to win games, whether close losses or blowout losses, is leadership. No one that has been brought into miami, coach or player, over the last 13 years has had this team thinking as a champion.

Why do the patriots succeed as they do? Leadership. Period. Tom brady and company are examples of their head coach. Their head coach is an example of their ownership. Same goes for the giants, saints, colts (before the fire sale), and the packers. Just like the dolphins were with joe robbie, don shula, and dan marino. If the dolphins are to become an elite, dominating team that is competing for a championship year in and year out, it has to start with the owner of the club. Stephen ross may have the willingness to spend money. However, if he doesn't love this team like the owners of the previously mentioned teams do/did, he doesn't have the passion to win. He just has the desire to make money.

In the end, a lot of decisions go into making any one decision in the nfl. What we as fans see are the final decisions, and may not fully comprehend the decisions that may have been made prior to the end result, so to speak. There isn't always a reason other than money sometimes. There isn't always a clear fact to back up a choice that is made.

However, i feel that dolphins fans have paid their dues since 1973. I feel that every moment we have all spent hoping....watching....dreaming...speculating....on how close we almost were to winning this game, or how far we fell to lose that game...the fans have paid the price. We have worn your jerseys, hats, and shirts. We have your logo all over our homes. All over our kids. All over our lives. We deserve better than what you have given us, miami dolphins football team! We have responded to your requests for loyalty every sunday for most of our lives, whether young or old. We have watched you even after we swore we wouldn't after that crushing defeat. We may not get on the field, but we carry the burden 365 days of the year. To the a-hole patriot fan at work, or the classmate that only likes the jets because you're a fins fan.....we deal with that guy or gal. Daily. Return our team to a champion to be respected and feared by opponents, not the team opponents love to abuse. Please!

Finally, i feel that it does not matter who our gm is. It doesn't matter who our head coach is. It does not matter who our qb is. If this miami dolphins team, from the custodian in the bathrooms to the owner himself, does not have the heart of a champion, then it will not be a champion.

awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!

The problem is that people can't think without involving their emotions.

Fans only see a logo, a team name, a player's last name, the colors that they "bleed" and fantasy football statistics.

People don't even know how to watch the game of football anymore. Fans today don't understand gap assignments, hot routes, protections and blitz schemes like the fans of old.

And as a result they don't understand that football is a business and that you have to have winners, motivators and successful people in the high positions of the Miami Dolphins who let their success trickle down to these custodians that you speak of.

Until then, we're spinning tires in the mud.

Fans only see a logo, a team name, a player's last name, the colors that they "bleed" and fantasy football statistics.

People don't even know how to watch the game of football anymore. Fans today don't understand gap assignments, hot routes, protections and blitz schemes like the fans of old.

And as a result they don't understand that football is a business and that you have to have winners, motivators and successful people in the high positions of the Miami Dolphins who let their success trickle down to these custodians that you speak of.

I am mixed regarding your response. I do agree that football is a business, friend. However, I'm not an NFL employee...I have my own career, just as everyone else does. Successful businesses have a culture that is lived. I work for a corporation where the culture is believed by everyone that works here. If you do not believe in the product or service you are providing...your customers won't use it or buy it (empty seats every home game-o-plenty). Hence, a poor product and a company that won't succeed.

I disagree that fans don't understand football. Some may not understand the complexities. But really, bro...We just want to see touchdowns, first downs, W's and a shot at the Lombardi. I could care less about the intricate microscopic guts of the inner workings of a draw play...I just want to see Reggie or Daniel get 5 yards a carry and move the chains.

And I played football up until 3rd year college from age 7. Trust me...We aren't spinning our wheels.

Of course we are emotional. We are fans...short for FANATICS! We love our team! and it hurts and sucks when we can't look at a Pats fan and say "We kicked your ****ing ass!" or watch Super Bowl week and see aqua and orange as the AFC representative. I see a Jets fan and I want to poop in his gas tank. I see a Buffalo Bills fan and wonder "His childhood sucked".

The winning, long-standing tradition of success is BRED into a team. Families that own teams for generations. Owners that own for lifetimes. Remember...We've had THREE Owners in 20 years. That's not good in the professional sports world. Anyhow...go Dolphins.

Last edited by a moderator:

great post

Back
Top Bottom