A positive thought / Perspective | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A positive thought / Perspective

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Reaction score
A positive thought

How many of you remember what Dom Capers did w/Carolina in his 2nd year ? Well, he got them to the NFC Championship game behind a solid D. When the 2003 season is over, you will find that the Texans are not as bad we thought. Not saying, they will lose to TB in the NFC Championship game, but they have the D and now the scheme on O to be much better.

Where the Phins will end up is still TBD - talk to me after the Jets game :rolleyes:

I totally agree 39, while we should not have lost that game, I think the entire NFL Media was underestimating how good and prepared the Texans team is going to be... People say we got beat by the lowly Texans, if I was a texans fan I would find that insulting.. They are a good team that has a lot of young talent and coach with a track record of turning expansion teams into serious competitors in 2 years time...

Re: A positive thought

Originally posted by dolphan39
Not saying, they will lose to TB in the NFC Championship game

:confused:

Texans are AFC.

Perspective

I am sick of hearing that Houston is a "second year expansion" team. Look at what Carolina did in their first and second year. Guess who the coach was - Dom Capers

The Panthers were competitive in their inaugural season and established an NFL mark for most wins by an expansion team, posting an impressive 7-9 record and more than doubling the previous expansion-best mark of three victories. During an expansion-record four-game winning streak, Carolina upset the San Francisco 49ers 13-7 at 3Com Park, marking the first time in League history that an expansion team beat the defending Super Bowl champion.

Carolina improved dramatically during its second season, advancing to the NFC Championship Game.

Here is there results from that year:

1996 Regular Season
Score Opponent
29-6 ATLANTA
22-20 at New Orleans
23-7 SAN FRANCISCO
14-24 at Jacksonville
12-14 at Minnesota
45-13 ST. LOUIS
19-7 NEW ORLEANS
9-20 at Philadelphia
17-20 at Atlanta
27-17 NEW YORK GIANTS
20-10 at St. Louis
31-6 at Houston
24-0 TAMPA BAY
30-24 at San Francisco
27-16 BALTIMORE
18-14 PITTSBURGH

1996 NFC Divisional Playoff
Score Opponent
26-17 DALLAS

Just a different perspective on Houston......That's all!

Back
Top Bottom