A probowl guard on the market - Ruben gets cut | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A probowl guard on the market - Ruben gets cut

Tatonka

New Poppa
Reaction score
WNSA is reporting the 8 time probowl guard and fixture on the bills line for almost a decade will be cut on monday... this comes after he stated he would take a paycut and wanted to do whatever he could to stay in buffalo.

i feel for the guy and i loved him as a player.

i am not very happy with the bills right now.

he will probably end up signing with you guys just to spite us now.. and i dont blame him.

seems he would have a better chance of winning in miami than buffalo.

:yell: :cry:

he w/b a nice pick up if we c/afford him. Maybe the Bills will get Nails to replace him :lol:

Originally posted by Tatonka
WNSA is reporting the 8 time probowl guard and fixture on the bills line for almost a decade will be cut on monday... this comes after he stated he would take a paycut and wanted to do whatever he could to stay in buffalo.

i feel for the guy and i loved him as a player.

i am not very happy with the bills right now.

he will probably end up signing with you guys just to spite us now.. and i dont blame him.

seems he would have a better chance of winning in miami than buffalo.

:yell: :cry:

That is pretty crappy. Guy gives his all to his team and they throw him out the door.

He made the pro bowl the last 2 years on name reognition, and I believe many Bills fans would agree with this assesment.

I recall many Bills fans calling him out on many occasions.

He did however, legitimitly make 5 or 6 pro bowls so the talent is there. may be a case of "change of environment(ie rival)=better(ie hungrier/spiteful) player"

I think many Bills fans saw this coming and will not lose any sleep over the transaction.

Trying to peddle him off on us hey Tatonka? haha just kidding man.....

Wow, amazing. How did two stellar, not overrated Pro Bowl worthy players like Brock Marion and Ruben Brown get cut?

Originally posted by Bodzilla29
He made the pro bowl the last 2 years on name reognition, and I believe many Bills fans would agree with this assesment.

I recall many Bills fans calling him out on many occasions.

I think many Bills fans saw this coming and will not lose any sleep over the transaction.

True dat! He is well passed his prime! He was very good for us. But he has a lost a few steps and repeatedly gets burned by Larger interior lineman. I will not miss all of his holds in crucial parts of the game. He never was dependable, especially in away games, to not take penalties. He was best known for plowing the road for our rb's but totally crapped the bed these past years in protecting our qbs. He burnt his own bridge here. The Bills know they can move on without him. If we couldnt Jim McNally would have realized that we needed Reuben and he would have never been released. Fact is McNally sees how the game has changed to bigger stronger interior d lineman. Hence, the need for bigger stronger interior o-lineman.

Fact is when the Gm's around the league see that an perennial pro bowler has been released, they will be knocking down his door and the man will get paid! So dont feel too bad for reuben.
I do wish him luck though.

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
Ruben's release saved $1.598 million in 2004 and $4.036 million in both 2005 & 2006 :up:

r u serious clump? Wow, so there is a method to this so called "madness". Thanks Clump!

actually official word is that he has not been cut but they are contemplating it.

Back
Top Bottom