A probowl guard on the market - Ruben gets cut | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A probowl guard on the market - Ruben gets cut

Two words to anyone who wants Brown on the Dolphins: Thurman Thomas.

Originally posted by Tatonka
WNSA is reporting the 8 time probowl guard and fixture on the bills line for almost a decade will be cut on monday... this comes after he stated he would take a paycut and wanted to do whatever he could to stay in buffalo.

i feel for the guy and i loved him as a player.

i am not very happy with the bills right now.

he will probably end up signing with you guys just to spite us now.. and i dont blame him.

seems he would have a better chance of winning in miami than buffalo.

:yell: :cry:

Tatonka...Old loyalties die hard. I understand how you feel bro, we have plenty of room for ya here in Dolfandom. Speilman is shucken and jiven making much needed changes. Phins are preparing to make the move from good to excellent take the ride with us.:D

Originally posted by JeffJewell
Two words to anyone who wants Brown on the Dolphins: Thurman Thomas.

Well Jeff..Thurman went out like a man. He was instrumental in kicking our a$$es for a long time. I will respect him for that and I'm glad he was a Phin when he left.

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
Ruben's release saved $1.598 million in 2004 and $4.036 million in both 2005 & 2006 :up:

Why would the Bills need to do that, aren't they always in CAP HEAVEN?

Maybe it's because they have to carry a broken HB for 3 years so they needed the CAP space for that type of extravagance!

Oliver...

Thomas didn't finish the season for us and he was a Buffalo Bill when he retired.

Thomas was a first-vote Hall of Fame Bill, but he was a crappy Dolphin. I expect nothing more from Brown, should he arrive.

Originally posted by JeffJewell
Thomas didn't finish the season for us and he was a Buffalo Bill when he retired.

Thomas was a first-vote Hall of Fame Bill, but he was a crappy Dolphin. I expect nothing more from Brown, should he arrive.

Not true. Thomas was a very good 3rd down HB for the Dolphins. He was doing a GREAT job right up until he blew his knee out in San Diego. He brought a definite spark to the offense on 3rd downs.

Oliver...

Brown, for all his years of service, pretty much walked out on the Bills last year. Hopefully one of the Bills fans can fill us in on the rest of the story there, but my understanding is that situation, combined with his high salary and the fact that he's been making it on rep the last couple years, led to his release.

But even a declining Ruben Brown is a heck of a lot better than anyone we've had on the interior line. Get him!

No one knows EXACTLY what happened with Ruben last year but basically Ruben was pissed at the OC and Williams for being incompetent. He made a statement about not wanting to lose again or something and the Bills didn't let him play in the final against the Pats. I think he also got mad when he saw the playbook didn't have any running plays (See Dolphins-Bills Part 1).

I feel bad because every Bills fan completely agreed that Gilbride was terrible. Only Kevin Kill-Drive could repeatedly call a 40 yard pass on 3rd and 1 with Bledsoe dropping back 7 steps so he could get sacked!

:lol:

Oh, well. Hopefully our new coaching staff understands a little more than Gilbride and Williams.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Dol-Fan Dupree
Didn't he not show up at the end of the season?

he apparently got into it with kevin kildrive (our old offensive coordinator) about not running the ball enough.. apparently, the exchange was so heated that he was told to go home for the final game. i cant blame him.. our offense didnt score a td for some ridiculous amount of time this season, and we threw the ball on like 95% of our 3rd downs... he was just venting what most players and fans wanted to.

Originally posted by Bodzilla29
He made the pro bowl the last 2 years on name reognition, and I believe many Bills fans would agree with this assesment.

absolutely.. but the problem is we have no replacement.. and we already are in desperate need of a center and guard on the other side.. so now we just made our situation worse.. he may not have been an all pro still.. but he was servicable without question.

not to mention he has been a lifelong bill and i just liked the guy.

Originally posted by Tatonka

not to mention he has been a lifelong bill and i just liked the guy.

Welcome to Richmond Webb syndrome. :)

So, to the Bills fans here. If you need to revamp your offensive line as well. Are you guys gearing towards the draft for help or free agency?

We have no idea.

What we do know is that Trey Teague sucks as a Center. The best case scenerio would be to get a Center somewhere (a real Center for a change) and put Teague in Ruben's spot at LG.

I'm not sad to see Ruben go. I liked him enough...but the almost 10 mil he'll save us over the next three years on the cap clears that up.

Originally posted by Samphin
So, to the Bills fans here. If you need to revamp your offensive line as well. Are you guys gearing towards the draft for help or free agency?

i think it will be a combination of both..

really, a couple things absolutely have to happen... but the most important one by far is that we have to have a blockbuster draft..

i know alot of you guys follow the draft, so you know as well as i do, that this draft is 10x what last years was in terms of talent... there will be players taken on the second day that could have been 1st rounders in last years draft.

Donahoe needs to really pull a rabbit out of the hat here.. i dont care how he does it.. but he needs results like the 2001 draft where he traded down instead of drafting kenyetta walker.. and the draft netted us Arron Schobel, Nate Clements, Travis Henry, Jonus Jennings, Ron Edwards, and Marquise Sullivan.

we have to have that happen again.

this draft has to solidify our OLine, Dline, and probably secondary for the present and the future.

that is imho.

Back
Top Bottom