A question for Dolphins historians..... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A question for Dolphins historians.....

ARealFinsFan

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Why is everybody saying that this was the biggest comeback for the fins since 1980?

I remember a bigger comeback in 1999 against Indy..(remember Dan to OG?)

How bout the Jay and Chris show in Buffalo in 2001? (we were down by 14 in that one......

Oh, how can you forget the "fake spike" game against the Jits?

It seems that a few announcers are full of crap......

No, it's on today Herald also....

On the Buff game last week of 2001, the Finz were ahead 13 to 7 when they scored another 21 points in the 4th quarter.

Apparently its the biggest 4th quarter comeback since 1980...

GOOO FIIINZ

:cooldude:

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the first time since 1980 the Dolphins came from 12 or more points behind in the 4th quarter. (Sept. 1980 vs. Saints)

who wouldve thought someone that wasnt marino would come back from a larger deficit last night than marino faced and conquered in his career...wow!

The one in Buffalo we were actually down 10 (27-17). But Jay threw those two TDs to Chambers and Mare kicked a FG to make it 34-27.

The Marino comeback vs Indy in '99....we were down 9. But what made that game special is that Marino kept answering the Colts, scoring 25 points in the 4th quarter, finally winning by 3 with 27 seconds left.

For the Clock Play, we were down 17-0 and 24-7. But when the 4th quarter hit, we were down down 10 at 24-14.

The reason this doesn't seem like the biggest comeback is because we've scored/gave up more 4th quarter points in other games (i.e...Marino scoring 25, Colts scoring 14). Or because our final score put us up by 3 or 4 or 7, etc.

But the final deficit itself which we overcame to win hasn't been this big since 1980. Just the way it worked out. :) 13 points and won by 1.

I believe that in the 1990 Wild Card playoff game against Kansas City we scored both our touchdowns in the 4th quarter coming back from a 16-3 deficit at the end of the 3rd quarter to win 17-16.

I seem to remember something like that wild card game, but I think the distinction there is that it happened in the playoffs. Those games are treated differently when talking about statistics.

I was at that KC game. First playoff game I ever went to. Loudest I've ever heard JRS. The place was shaking. :up:

Back
Top Bottom