A question for you | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A question for you

north

Practice Squad
Reaction score
why does everyone want to get a O-lineman first round? WE NEED A QB. we have great WR's but not a good QB to throw to them. I think if we get a good QB, we could really do things!

The only 3 QB's worth taking in round one will be long gone before our pick so we'll go WR,o-line or DT imo.

Ozzy rules!!

a rookie QB will not be an impact player. To 'really do things' *this year* we need to draft an impact position that is also a need... OL or WR. QB is a need, but it's not an impact position with the draft. Also I think it would be taking too much risk to go for a QB at the 20 spot when there is nearly surefire talent to be had at other positions.

ok, i dont think we can do much without a good QB, does anyone think a good trade will be open?

im not going down on him, its just that he was origionaly a backup, now hes our starter, we could do better than a backup i think.

wonderl33t said:
a rookie QB will not be an impact player. To 'really do things' *this year* we need to draft an impact position that is also a need... OL or WR. QB is a need, but it's not an impact position with the draft. Also I think it would be taking too much risk to go for a QB at the 20 spot when there is nearly surefire talent to be had at other positions.

not to be an *** or anything, but the draft is used to get players for hte future. If they can walk on, their rookie season and be productive, its a plus, but not a goal.

We already have a LOT of depth at WR. We have our first 2 spots taken up, Snoops could deffinetly be a diamond in the rough, and we have 2 others I wont' mind naming that tore NFLE a new one last year. A rotation at 3rd WR should be more than adequate.

And it's questionable if we'll find Ol talent worth taking high in this draft. THis draft is unusually shallow in OL. the only "sure fire" OL in this draft is Gallery, Andrews is the other 1st round potential, yet there are major quesitons about him as well. Weight and attitude-wise. And at best, he'll solidify the guard position, he won't be playing tackle any time soon.

After Andrews, ther'es a big drop off in talent. Grove is the next best man, and he's a center at best, and any other year wtih a decent OL crop, he's a sure fire 2nd round pick, wouldn't get a sniff at the first round.

We should go BPA in this draft deffinetly. It's too deep in talent to say go "ol or WR". If a LB is the BPA, take him, if Rivers is there, snag him, etc. Committing to OL when the talent is questionable at best isn't a smart hting to do. Andrews and all that follow are "young players with potential". Keep in mind, we just signed a bunch of "young players with potential" in the FA to patch up our OL, and they sure as hell didn't cost us a first round pick, or a 2nd for that matter. The ONLY OL worth going in the first is a Tackle, and you won't find a starting tackle outside of gallery in this crop. Andrews Guard, maybe, if he's not a head case, a tackle later on. DOn't expect any of the OL players this year outside of trading up for Gallery to patch up the hoels in this OL. We did major retooling, have a lot of potential, but we'll spend a good part of next year filling OL gaps as well.

so you agree, we should try to pick up a QB?

maybe a late round guy

Well we don't have a chance of getting an eli manning, unless we gave out a bunch of things that there is no way we are doing (we never have, not with this FO) so why not think about:

10. Jeff Smoker; Michigan State, 6-3, 223, 4.99. Is talented and came on strong in '03. Knows how to manage a game. Is a timing and touch passer. Lacks a huge arm, but it's strong enough and pretty accurate. Throws catchable balls. Reads defenses well. Moves pretty well. Would be a higher-rated prospect if not for substance-abuse issues.

11. John Navarre; Michigan, 6-6, 246, 5.15. A big, strong pocket passer. Can really wing it. Stands in the pocket in the face of the rush and isn't afraid to dump it off. Lacks touch on his passes and isn't consistently accurate. Shows slow footwork but can avoid rushers

14. Rod Rutherford; Pittsburgh, 6-1, 240, 4.75. Has a powerful arm but lacks accuracy. Makes poor decisions and forces too many passes into coverage. Can run but lacks pocket presence. Makes good throws on the run. Does a good job with play-action. Is an elite athlete

Those are the analisis by the sporting news, i say it is a possibility, cuz they will last for a while, they are good for developing, and since no one in the coaching has shown me any trust in Sage, after all they don't want him to be more that a 3rd quaterback. So maybe a guy like this, Smoker sounds cool to me, and we could get them cheaper, and later.

I think alot of you are missing the point. you all are so set on drafting a whatever you think we need that you dont see thats how you get into trouble doint that. They have their players ranked, they will follow those rankings and they also have the guys who they like alot. I dont think that Spielman is dead set on drafting a OL or a WR. I think once again, people will be surprised at who we pick. Cus the name of the game is not to draft what you need in the first round, but draft a guy who will make the biggest impact. Now, i think obviously Shawn Andrews could be that pick. Rashaun Woods could be that pick. But so could Jonathan Vilma and i hear they really liked Darnell Dockett when he came in for a workout (trade down). JP Losman could really open peoples eyes if we were to get a second rounder and end up with him although he is moving up into the first round now in some peoples Opinions. Bottom line is we should draft the best available player. the thing about drafting at 20 is that you can get someone who falls to you like randy moss fell that one year. we will stand pat at 20 until we see what transpires.

3 threads on the first page of this forum(started by you) that are all about how you dont think AJ is capable and we need to sell the farm to get a differnent QB. We understand your opinion, but give the guy a chance before you knock him down please!

that exactly is why i say, let it be a later pick, if the case is that fans want a quaterback so darn bad, then why not take one late, a fourth rounder, a third or something like that, they are other guys, not only the Rivers, Big Bens, and *****in Mannings, Smoker sounds good to me, as someone who could do something, that is if people are dead set on drafting a quaterback (i am not dead set, but heck i am also not comfortable with Feeley and Fiedler and Sage, Feeley could be good, Fiedler is not going to be better than he has been, Sage doesn't seem to have anyone's trust, except for fans who see him do well at minicamps, so why not bring in a guy that could also be good, kind of like feeley)

phins4life said:
so you agree, we should try to pick up a QB?

I agree that Eli Manning will not be worthy of wiping AJ Feeley's a$$ THIS YEAR and probably the two following years.

Most agree that David Carr has been a success in Houston. Playoff appearances?

Are you prepared to lose?

We Don't Need A Qb!!!

I respect your opinion, but I don't agree. We need offensive linemen. I don't care what QB is back there. If you don't have a GOOD offensive line you aren't going anywhere. You have heard it before. IT ALL STARTS UP FRONT. Now, If there was a QB that was there in the later rounds that they like, take him. In the first round we need to pick an O-lineman OR wr IMO. If we trade down, I still say pick O-line and wr. I have this feeling that we are going to be involved in some kind of trade today.

IT'S DRAFT DAY BABY!!! :D

Back
Top Bottom