A question from PressCoverage | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A question from PressCoverage

Did any of my posts affect whether you bought or read the article a few hrs later?

• Total voters

PressCoverage

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Hi folks.

I'd like to pose a question. It may seem self serving at first, but in a few days, when enough people have responded, I will explain why I'm asking.

Please think about the question and answer honestly, but only if you read any of my "heads-up" posts from last month.

Thanks, PC

same here, nothing changed. I do not believe your heads up hurt in any way the paid circulation of any papers. I do not buy a newspaper for football news any more (I used to buy two during the season.. the Stupid News and the Palm Beach Post) Now that I am here(at Finheaven), I have not found it necessary to get my sports news other places because of the efforts of those like Nublar(thank you sir) thank YOU for the heads up and early news that you have provided us...I still feel sh!tty about your first day here and I am glad you stayed despite the rough treatment. Go Fins !

Your heads up made me want to read the article more. But I read the articles regardless because they're put up on the front page.

BIG_SIR said:
It was plain, f-ing stupid.

I hope you didn't get fired from the S-S for doing it.

But, if you did, unfortunately you deserved it.

njfinfan Mod Edit: This post is completely out of line.

BIG_SIR said:
It was plain, f-ing stupid.

I hope you didn't get fired from the S-S for doing it.

But, if you did, unfortunately you deserved it.
Nice second post. And your post made me look forward to the article and read it the next day whereas I might have missed it.

Your heads up posts were very informative; however, there's nothing better than going to the paper to read more about it and confirm. Just like the FinHeaven front page, we provide the source for all news articles because many people, such as myself, like to view the original content.

It didn't effect me in any way at all. There really was no information given, other than people attacking or asking for links to the real news. I don't think someone that works for a newspaper should go to fansites and give headlines or summations of reports that will be released the next day because then that person is assumed to have insider information or connections with the team which is false. As long as the person that reveals the news item does it without bias, and gives the proper credit to the reporter that has written the article, and does not assume authority over the subject then there should be no problem. Other than the poster possibly getting in trouble, but that's their worry.

5 to 32... very interesting... in fact, at least 12 actually bought the paper or gave a hit to their Web site who weren't going to beforehand ... certainly not a scientific poll... but representative enough, i suppose....

anyhow, yeah.. i got fired... and i don't even work for the SS... they just saw to it with a quick phone call ...

i'm thinking of sending the SS a check for $4, the guesstimated cost for the lost circulation, considering the four people who didn't buy the paper that day because of me... "giving away" a story by three hours...

as i tell friends of mine who still can't understand: The ironic thing here is that i got fired for being a dolphins fan... a stupid fan, but a passionate fan nonetheless... the first time, i really just wanted confirmation to see if anyone knew more about Poole, a player i was very excited about... i worded them carefully and i really didn't think i was "giving away" the story, but rather promoted it....

thanks finheaven for sticking up for me a bit... most of you, anyway... :)

ah well... on to bigger and better things!... happy independence day, all!

go dolphins!

on a side note: pro football weekly has us going 4-12? no way...

"Yes, it made me buy the paper or visit the Web site, cause it was very vague anyway."

There's my vote.

PressCoverage said:
anyhow, yeah.. i got fired... and i don't even work for the SS... they just saw to it with a quick phone call ...
:confused: :confused:

Back
Top Bottom