A quick look at the East next year... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A quick look at the East next year...

I think we'll be closer to 1-15 next year than 11-5, that's fo sure.

No way...we're gonna be at least 9-7, no way we end up with a losing record next season; doesn't matter what our schedule is like, we will end up with a record over .500. If we get some major talent in here, we CAN and WILL compete with some of the better teams next season...bank on it.

sweeping the jets??? LOL, you guys will be 8-8 at best with a first place schedule. As far as clemmons being our QB, thats not even certain...the jets have some of the best talent in the league.
7 pro bowl players to what? 2 fish??? You guys are funny...

There mammals.

sweeping the jets??? LOL, you guys will be 8-8 at best with a first place schedule. As far as clemmons being our QB, thats not even certain...the jets have some of the best talent in the league.

Yes sweeping the Jets! Your old washed up QB will be no more and if he does come back....HAH good luck getting over .500! Either way, our domination over the Jests begins next season!

Next season

I was going to keep quiet about the end of the season til I read this post. C;loser to 1-15, I usually respect peoples opinions, but not this time. This team will do well next year and vie for the division. Unless somebody has facts to present to the contrary, I will strongly disagree.

As far as the "7 pro bowlers to two fish"?
Favre should not be allowed to buy a ticket to the pro bowl-THAT WAS A JOKE. You know who should have been there . As far as the rest of the Jets. You blew a wad of cash on this team and it crapped out. You are just like the Yankees-with the same results. I really do wish the Jets good luck. Your coach-oh yea, you don't have one and your starting QB-oh wait another HHHHMMMMM-Kellen Clemons. You are way over the salary cap. Good luck-really-you are really gonna need it

Dolphins WILL NOT sweep the Jets next year. The Jets will still have a more talented roster, and hopefully with better coaching will preform better. Kellen Clemens is not the starting QB, he may end up being but there is a long ways before he is named starter. Remember we had a undrafted QB who was out playing Chad and Clemens for the job in training camp by the name of Brett Ratliff. Only thing keeping me from saying he will be anything is he was undrafted.

Chad Pennington came out and played like I knew he would play against a top defense. He can't beat them, with a stronger schedule next year I see the Dolphins finishing with 6 wins next year. I don't see them overachieving 2 years in a row. I love how people call the Jets roster old, even though we have young guys at a lot of the important positions on the field. I see some of those guys developing and having better seasons.

you guys lucked into being the east champs by way of the fourth tie breaker. you also didnt have to make one trip to the west coast. next year you will get pitt and tenn as well as the colts with the likely hood of those being road games. I see another 7 years before you guys reach playoffs again

I was going to keep quiet about the end of the season til I read this post. C;loser to 1-15, I usually respect peoples opinions, but not this time. This team will do well next year and vie for the division. Unless somebody has facts to present to the contrary, I will strongly disagree.

As far as the "7 pro bowlers to two fish"?
Favre should not be allowed to buy a ticket to the pro bowl-THAT WAS A JOKE. You know who should have been there . As far as the rest of the Jets. You blew a wad of cash on this team and it crapped out. You are just like the Yankees-with the same results. I really do wish the Jets good luck. Your coach-oh yea, you don't have one and your starting QB-oh wait another HHHHMMMMM-Kellen Clemons. You are way over the salary cap. Good luck-really-you are really gonna need it

We were 4-12 last year, we signed a few FA to a young team and we went 9-7 this year. The only reason its considered a bad season was because we were 8-3 and fell apart because of Favre being injured and started to throw turnovers left and right. Our coaching was pretty bad also this year, they didn't keep to what our strength was. Running the football!! We had the AFC top RB this year, yet we kept away from him. Leon is a playmaker yet we didn't get him the ball that much. Our OL was built for pounding the rock, with guys like Moore, Faneca, Woody who are all much better run blockers than Pass blockers. Richardson being one of the best FB in the game still.

I love how some of you write off the Jets before they even hire a new HC. The coaching was part of our problem this year, a large part along with Favre. (and yes I am still happy we got rid of Chad, look what he did today the guy has and always will suck against top defenses, it was time to move on)
The defense was terrible this year against the pass, our run defense fell apart because Kris Jenkins had something wrong with his back or hip. I forget, it happened against the Titans late in the game though. Kerry Rhodes had a down year, don't know why but he just didn't have a year that I would expect out of him. Dwight Lowery was a rookie and played like one for the most part, had some shining moments. Our other safeties couldn't cover for anything. Revis was the lone star out there this year, he alone played outstanding every single game, turning into a shut down CB this year. Teams just start to throw away from him though.

Our coaches were conservative as hell, rarely blitzing, sending 3 men consistently. IDK why but they just wouldn't blitz. Maybe they were afraid of our secondary giving up big plays? IDK. But I do know some players like Calvin Pace were upset because they feel that they are better with attacking instead of dropping into coverage. I mean Pace is 6'4 270, hes not a guy you want dropping back consistently, hes a guy you want after the QB and wrecking havoc in the backfield.

And oh yeah, besides Favre all of our FA signings panned out. Every one of them had good years, Richardson, Jenkins, Pace, Woody.

Next year will probably be a bad year for the AFC EAST based on schedules. I hope the Bills win atleast 1 game against the AFC EAST next year.

By the way, Miami's non division schedule..

Home - Houston, Indy, New Orleans, Tampa Bay, Pittsburgh
Away - Jacksonville, Tennessee, Atlanta, Carolina, San Diego

Our Schedule is the same except instead of San Diego and Pitt we play Cleveland and KC. We probably lose anyways.

1st placed schedules? How many games are now scheduled based on previous year's standings? Is it four? None? Even if they all were, you never know who will fall apart or turn things around...most of the time.

Pains me to say it but if Brady is healthy next year it doesnt matter what any AFC East team does b/c the Pats w/ belichick n Brady > the whole f'in division.

OK, admit That Favre deserves to be in the Pro Bowl. If you really think so, there is something wrong with you. Who else on your team made the Pro Bowl who really deserved it?

We were 4-12 last year, we signed a few FA to a young team and we went 9-7 this year. The only reason its considered a bad season was because we were 8-3 and fell apart because of Favre being injured and started to throw turnovers left and right. Our coaching was pretty bad also this year, they didn't keep to what our strength was. Running the football!! We had the AFC top RB this year, yet we kept away from him. Leon is a playmaker yet we didn't get him the ball that much. Our OL was built for pounding the rock, with guys like Moore, Faneca, Woody who are all much better run blockers than Pass blockers. Richardson being one of the best FB in the game still.

I love how some of you write off the Jets before they even hire a new HC. The coaching was part of our problem this year, a large part along with Favre. (and yes I am still happy we got rid of Chad, look what he did today the guy has and always will suck against top defenses, it was time to move on)
The defense was terrible this year against the pass, our run defense fell apart because Kris Jenkins had something wrong with his back or hip. I forget, it happened against the Titans late in the game though. Kerry Rhodes had a down year, don't know why but he just didn't have a year that I would expect out of him. Dwight Lowery was a rookie and played like one for the most part, had some shining moments. Our other safeties couldn't cover for anything. Revis was the lone star out there this year, he alone played outstanding every single game, turning into a shut down CB this year. Teams just start to throw away from him though.

Our coaches were conservative as hell, rarely blitzing, sending 3 men consistently. IDK why but they just wouldn't blitz. Maybe they were afraid of our secondary giving up big plays? IDK. But I do know some players like Calvin Pace were upset because they feel that they are better with attacking instead of dropping into coverage. I mean Pace is 6'4 270, hes not a guy you want dropping back consistently, hes a guy you want after the QB and wrecking havoc in the backfield.

And oh yeah, besides Favre all of our FA signings panned out. Every one of them had good years, Richardson, Jenkins, Pace, Woody.

Chad has an excuse. We were supposedly in a rebuilding year, and he took us farther than any of us could have imagined at the beginning of the season. You guys were supposed to win now.

Absolutely no reason we can't win it again next year...

Pats - As usual, they'll be right there, albeit with an aging defense. We'll split with them.
Can you explain this?

ILB - Mayo ,Guyton - both started this year both are 23,bru we do not know if he will come back but he was playing 1/3 rd the snaps and guyton the other 2/3 rd even before the injury.Bo Rudd ILB is 23 also.

OLB - AD(31),Vrabel(33),Woods(26),VInce(24),Shawn Crabel(24) .i think you are talking about vrabel i will give you that he is 33.

DL - Seymour(29),Ty warren(27),Vince(26)-Starters .add green and wright both 26

Safety - Merriweather(24),Sanders(26) -Starters -rodney is a FA

CB - Hobbs(25),Whilite(23),Wheatley(23),Mike richardson(24) -starters from this year. delth oneil was a backup who got playment when 2 of the above got injured.

the pats defence has gotten so young so fast i am excited as next year i see improvements from all the rookies.
also

Alot depends on the offseason. Who would've thought the team would be able to compete for the division this year?

Back
Top Bottom