a quick prediction for our first 3 rounds | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

a quick prediction for our first 3 rounds

D0lphan72

4/23/2020
Club Member
Reaction score
okay, ill split up what i think our first three rounds could look like, or how i'd like them to look.

1st scenario

1-Ryan Mallet
2-n/a
3-Ben Ijalana

2nd scenario

1-trade to patriots for both 2nd rounders
2-(#33)Christian Ponder (#60)Ben Ijalana
3-Luke Stocker

lemme know what you think

I was going to post a similar thread, so I figured I would piggy back yous.

I have a couple scenarios I love for the first 3 rounds. 1: The Pats fall in love with Mark Ingram and give us #28 of round 1 witch we use to get Mallett and #1 of round 2 to get Ryan Williams RB Virgina Tech. Then in the 3rd take the best option available at G/C.

2: We stay at 15 and select Mike Pouncey or Anthony Castonzo, OT, Boston College. I like Castonzo a little more as when Carey went down our running game went out the window. He is also too slow for speed rushers, so I think Carey moves in side and Anthony takes over at RT. The in the 2nd round we work some magic to get back in and select Ryan Williams. I love this kid, as he less miles than Ingram, and know he will be the best RB in this draft. Then in 3rd take Ricky Stanzi. I don't get why people are so down on this kid. He has perfect size, a good arm, and improved every year. His final season leading a very untalented Hawkey team to an 8-5 record. I just don't see what not to love 6'4 221lb strong arm and finished 2010 with 3000 yards 25tds and only 6 ints. I see Tom Brady when I see this kid as he is just being completely over looked.

I have a couple scenarios I love for the first 3 rounds. 1: The Pats fall in love with Mark Ingram and give us #28 of round 1 witch we use to get Mallett and #1 of round 2 to get Ryan Williams RB Virgina Tech. Then in the 3rd take the best option available at G/C.

2: We stay at 15 and select Mike Pouncey or Anthony Castonzo, OT, Boston College. I like Castonzo a little more as when Carey went down our running game went out the window. He is also too slow for speed rushers, so I think Carey moves in side and Anthony takes over at RT. The in the 2nd round we work some magic to get back in and select Ryan Williams. I love this kid, as he less miles than Ingram, and know he will be the best RB in this draft. Then in 3rd take Ricky Stanzi. I don't get why people are so down on this kid. He has perfect size, a good arm, and improved every year. His final season leading a very untalented Hawkey team to an 8-5 record. I just don't see what not to love 6'4 221lb strong arm and finished 2010 with 3000 yards 25tds and only 6 ints. I see Tom Brady when I see this kid as he is just being completely over looked.

Here are the facts: Fans are demoralized, ticket and merchandise sales are down, our franchise needes a direction for the future. You DON'T energize a struggling franchise by drafting offensive line.

This fanbase has been hungry for a new face of the franchise since Marino left. Going O-line in the first round would be suicide in terms of fan relations. As for the first scenario there is no way Mallet is sittig there at 28. If we don't take him the Seahawks will, and even if they don't at 25 Imagine the calls that will be coming in the the teams with picks 26, and 27. (Atl, and Baltimore?)

The teams with early second rounders that may have passed on a Qb in the first will be more than willing to trade back into the first round to get Mallet. The Bills, Skins, Titans, Panthers, San Fran, Vikings, and Cincinnati could all be looking for a QB with their second rounder. But Mallet being available late in the first with the Dolphins coming up should be tempting enough to atleast one of those teams to leapfrog us.

If Mallet is truly our guy don't mess around and gamble, because you will lose. Take him at #15 and throw your fan base a freaking bone.

the patriots aren't gonna trade in division and give us more assets...so scenario 2 you can forget about

Back
Top Bottom