Phin Phanatic

Starter
Reaction score
1. Jake or Chris Long
2 a). Devin Thomas or Malcolm Kelly
2 b). Quentin Groves
3. Justin King

thoughts?????????/

Basically we are going to have to take an OT with one of our first 2 picks so if you want a WR at 2a you will have to take jake long first. I like King.

I get the feeling we aren't going to be picking a WR early. Things I have read say we are going O-line with 2 of our top 3 picks. We are in dire need of at least one tackle and one guard. I would rather have them early, with a chance of starting, than later, beginning projects.

Ok for sure Devin Thomas will not be there. He will not make it past Philly.

Justin King may slip to the 1st pick in the 3rd. But I think he will be scooped in the second.

news out recently says thomas may have arthritic knees. that is enough to scare a few people.

You don't think Devin Thomas could slip that far? I think it could happen. Only productive one year, usually doesn't translate to first round talent... However, with that in mind, I could definitely someone rolling the dice on him... He definitely is a rare athlete...

Should be interesting...

Not really a one year wonder when you produce at everything you have done. Also factor in Kellys performance and crying. You are looking at him and sweed as the two top bigger WRs. I dont include Deshaun Jackson because I have not watched him due to the fact the bills would never target him.

1) high school

Thomas began his well-traveled football career at Huron (Ann Arbor, Mich.) High School. He transferred to Canton (Mich.) High as a junior, where he earned Detroit Free Press All-State (Division 1) honors in 2003. The second-team All-Metro choice by The Detroit News was also named to The Detroit News and Detroit Free Press All-West teams in 2003.

That season, Thomas intercepted six passes, returning one 54 yards for a touchdown vs. Livonia Churchill. He accounted for more than 1,000 all-purpose yards and 18 touchdowns, as he rushed for nearly 600 yards and had 17 receptions for 440 yards (25.9 avg).

2) Junior College

Thomas enrolled at Coffeyville Community College, where he redshirted in 2004. In 2005, he ranked among the nation's top 20 junior college prospects, according to Rivals.com (No. 15) and Fab50recruiting.com. He earned second-team All-Jayhawk Conference honors as the led the Red Ravens in receptions with 33 for 674 yards (20.4 avg) and five touchdowns, finishing seventh in receiving yards in the NJCAA Region VI ranks (61.3 ypg).

Thomas totaled 1,161 all-purpose yards that year, ranking 10th in the region with an average of 105.5 yards per game. He returned 15 kickoffs for 339 yards (22.6 avg), adding three punt returns for 92 yards (30.7 avg), as he also gained 56 yards on five rushes (11.2 avg).

3) MSU
The second-team All-Big Ten Conference choice set the school single-season record with 79 receptions in 2007. He started all 13 games at flanker, as his 1,260 yards receiving rank third on MSU's annual record list. He had eight touchdown grabs, rushed 27 times for 177 yards (6.6 avg) and averaged 2.6 yards on seven punt returns. He attempted one pass and set a Big Ten single-season record with 1,135 yards on 39 kickoff returns (29.1 avg), as his 2,590 all-purpose yards set a school record.

Then Combine runs a 4.40 with good size and good drills.

1. Jake or Chris Long
2 a). Devin Thomas or Malcolm Kelly
2 b). Quentin Groves
3. Justin King

thoughts?????????/

Ya, it'd be nice ... but:

1. There's no guarntee either WR will be there at #32.
2. Quentin Groves will most certainly not be there #57.
3. Justin King most likely wont be there at 64 either.

Back
Top Bottom