a really good olb read | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

a really good olb read

C.Long has been very slow to adjusting to the NFL level, so glad we took J.Long instead.

I hope the kid eventually gets it because he's easy to root for but it shows you a great 10 yard split, great character and a high motor is only part of the equation.

Absolutely...I think it's an excellent article....and it applies for ILB's also.....

No...not also....ESPECIALLY for ILB's......and I mentioned this in McClain's 4.74 thread....

10, 20 yard burst is much more important than 40 time the closer to the line of scrimmage you play......40 time holds a LOT more weight with me for the skill positions....but even then only when it coincides with the tape...

It's also why Danario Alexander plays slower and less explosive on tape than his "40 time" indicates.....very non-explosive and slow in and out of his breaks.....

Shuttle/splits are a much more accurate measure in the ability to create separation for a WR opposed to 40 time..

If Graham is the pick, I think you'll see the regime try to get him down into the mid 250's. He had 15 pounds or more on everyone on that list and still put up a pretty good time.

I'd be pretty (make that very) interested to know the full 10 yard splits of every possible convert. Especially guys like Gibson, Misi, Pierre-Paul, Morgan and Griffen. Nfldraftscout tends to post it all eventually, but I wonder if there's a place that already has it.

The Kindle thing was pretty interesting to read and really backed up what I saw from him on tape... really good closing speed, rather than impressive acceleration from a standing start. Most of his impact plays seemed to come when he was already on the move and there was five yards of separation between him and the quarterback and he used that ferocious closing speed to make a sack or force a bad throw or a fumble.

Side note: Poor 10-yard splitter (1.64) Anthony Spencer was still drafted in the 1st round by post-Bill Parcells but still Jeff Ireland and co. Dallas Cowboys in 1997. As anyone who watched Hard Knocks knows, he's claimed a starting job away from Greg Ellis. On the strong side, but still.

If Graham is the pick, I think you'll see the regime try to get him down into the mid 250's. He had 15 pounds or more on everyone on that list and still put up a pretty good time.

I'd be pretty (make that very) interested to know the full 10 yard splits of every possible convert. Especially guys like Gibson, Misi, Pierre-Paul, Morgan and Griffen. Nfldraftscout tends to post it all eventually, but I wonder if there's a place that already has it.

The Kindle thing was pretty interesting to read and really backed up what I saw from him on tape... really good closing speed, rather than impressive acceleration from a standing start. Most of his impact plays seemed to come when he was already on the move and there was five yards of separation between him and the quarterback and he used that ferocious closing speed to make a sack or force a bad throw or a fumble.

Side note: Poor 10-yard splitter (1.64) Anthony Spencer was still drafted in the 1st round by post-Bill Parcells but still Jeff Ireland and co. Dallas Cowboys in 1997. As anyone who watched Hard Knocks knows, he's claimed a starting job away from Greg Ellis. On the strong side, but still.

according to an article on morgan, he ran the 10 in 1.60, but the same source has kindle at 1.63 so interpret it how you wish!
http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thed...dolphins-eyeing-georgia-techs-derrick-morgan/

Back
Top Bottom