A really really really really really cheap solution to OL | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A really really really really really cheap solution to OL

I think Jerman would be a better guard than tackle. Would be nice if we could move him in there.

Yes that is true. His problem is playing in space.

Smith may not be tall as Todd Wade, but he can play the position. He has upper body bulk to add but his leg drive is excellent, as good as you need for a RT certainly. Wade Smith has been unfairly pidgeon-holed because of his athleticism. In reality the usual difference between the positions is who is better at pass protection because that person you put in at LT.

Right now I think Hopkins is better at pass protection than Smith. When Smith was drafted an AFC General Manager told a publication he liked the move and if he drafted him he would have him play RT for the first couple of years before moving him to LT, because he has good leg drive and can eventually play LT but first would be a pretty good RT.

CK your right about that actually. It's about upper body strength so you can control speed rushers. Thus the reason Smith could control Douglass but not Freeney.

Jerman seems like a guy that can play LG. Former tackle that has some decent pass protection skills and goor run blocking skills.

I think good OL coaching is more needed than good o-line players. Take a look at New England...they lose Woody and just plug some no-name in there. Alex Gibbs(Denver, now Atlanta) uses a great scheme. This is why I'm excited to have Jim McNally on board. Jaj is right, you don't have to pay out the *** for a decent o-line, but the coaching and the schemes are most important

CirclingWagons is right we need a good OL coach 1or 2 signed lineman Hopkins would be the best cheaper. Go after a top WR and a good QB. This line will be better an have more experience. This team will be solid by September. If the dolphins fail if I was Marino I would fire every coach on the coaching staff tired of the BS clean house.:shout:

I am pumped as hell once again. God I love the draft and FA.

Originally posted by Jaj
I am pumped as hell once again. God I love the draft and FA.
don't get too pumped...the offseason was more exciting than our regular season this year:lol:

Back
Top Bottom