A-Rod trade rumors | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A-Rod trade rumors

Roman529

Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew
Reaction score
Sporting News radio had the following trade rumor:

A-Rod and Melky Cabrera to the Phillies for Abreu, Burrell, Bell and Gordon. God, I hope as a Phillies fan that this does not go through. :rolleyes:

the phillies trade their whole team for thos 2 haha

Arod will be a Yankee until his contract expires. There's only a handful of teams that could afford him, but none of them will want any piece of that absurd contract. Unless of course the Yankees pay part of his contract, but I don't know, I just don't see him with another team..

FaninPatsyLand said:
Arod will be a Yankee until his contract expires. There's only a handful of teams that could afford him, but none of them will want any piece of that absurd contract. Unless of course the Yankees pay part of his contract, but I don't know, I just don't see him with another team..

I don't know if any team can take on his contract. He's struggling right now and getting ripped but he still is one of the best players in the game. Nice job of Mussina throwing him under the bus.

If a trade ever did happen I think he'd be moved back to SS where I think he won a gold glove.

Jt0323 said:
im a yankee fan despite my sig and i hate that trade

What happened, did you lose a bet???? That sig needs to go!!!

:lol:

There are always "rumors" at this time of year, don't buy into it. I don't see the Phillies taking his contract if they are trying so hard to rid themselves of the contracts of Abreu and Burrell. And as a Yankee fan I hate that trade, as much as I like Abreu I think the Yanks need pitching.

Just say no to trading Arod.

culpepper2chambers said:
yes he won 2 gold gloves at shortstop if i am not mistaken. he was a better ss than jeter at that time imo

A-rod is a way better shortstop that Jeter the yanks only got him so they could make Derek Jeter the best shortstop in the majors scumbags.

That trade is incredibly dumb. The Yanks have Sheff and Matsui coming back in about a month so theyre going to trade their star 3b for a ton of salary and 2 players that they couldnt find room for in the OF?

Whoever came up with that idea needs to be taken off the radio.

FaninPatsyLand said:

I agree!

Actually the Rangers are paying a good part of his salary now. I think if NY trades him, Texas is off the hook and NY is on the hook.

The only places that could trade FOR him are LAA, Balt, and LA. And then you gotta have the players to give back in return. NY would NEVER get equal value. Not to mention AROD has a no trade claus and he can veto everything.

Ya gotta remember, I know its the "IN" thing to bash AROD now and booo him, bottom line is he is on a pace to end his career the MLB leader in HR, RUNS, and RBI's! One guy, holding all 3 crowns when he retires. How the hell do you get equal value for that?? Ya can't.

He is having a down year this year........it happens. Look at all the greats, Mantle, Mays, Aaron, Ruth, Gherig........all of them had a bad year or two at some point in their career. Bottom line is when they played they didn't have 7 ESPN stations needing to fill time and talk about something.

There is no flippin' way that A-Rod will be traded. None. Zero. I can't believe I'm going to waste valuable minutes of my life writing about this.

I will add, however, that on the slim chance this might actually happen, getting A-Rod and Cabrera for Abreu, Burrell, Bell and Gordon would be grand theft by the Phillies. Bell's nothing special, Gordon's ancient and poised for a steep decline (particularly if he goes back to the AL), Burrell's awful and is getting paid very well to be awful, and Abreu's a good corner outfielder, but he's also 33 and his power is declining.

Back
Top Bottom