A-Rod trade rumors | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A-Rod trade rumors

phunwin said:
There is no flippin' way that A-Rod will be traded. None. Zero. I can't believe I'm going to waste valuable minutes of my life writing about this.

I will add, however, that on the slim chance this might actually happen, getting A-Rod and Cabrera for Abreu, Burrell, Bell and Gordon would be grand theft by the Phillies. Bell's nothing special, Gordon's ancient and poised for a steep decline (particularly if he goes back to the AL), Burrell's awful and is getting paid very well to be awful, and Abreu's a good corner outfielder, but he's also 33 and his power is declining.
'
AROD isn't going to approve any trades anyway. But the Philly one is laughable on all levels. Gordon is old. Burrell is old and broken down. David Bell? Please. Abreu is fine, but since the other 3 guys are so bad it wouldn't happen.

IF something were to happen (.0003% chance). I could see a Vlad/Santana for Arod or something on that level. But with all of the "no trade clauses" its almost impossible to pull off.

A-Rod is going to be a Yankee until his contract expires so Yankee fans better get used to him and start supporting him!

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
A-Rod is going to be a Yankee until his contract expires so Yankee fans better get used to him and start supporting him!
I think you mean, Yankee fans and the Yankee organization better get used to him and start supporting him, because that contract makes him untradeable, even if they were trying to trade him. 18 errors this season, and Joe Torre benches A-Rod to get his "best defense" in the game. Pretty crazy.

Isn't the Marlins' entire roster up to 14 million, and A-rod makes 25.2 million? Heh.

Vertical Limit said:
Isn't the Marlins' entire roster up to 14 million, and A-rod makes 25.2 million? Heh.

Chan Ho Park is making $15 mill a year. There are about 20 players who make more than the Marlins roster. Manny, Giambi, Bonds, Jeter, Jeff Bagwell (Top 5 heading into the season), Clemens, Mags, Pedro, Helton, Berkman, Pettite, Thome, MIKE HAMPTON!!! Mike friggin Hampton makes more alone than the entire Marlins. This list is endless

New rumor (well, that I haven't seen posted anyway): A-Rod to the Cubs for A.Ramirez and J.Jones.

I'm a Yankees fan through and through and I don't want to see him traded. But I can understand why this deal holds just a little more clout than others. It solves two of the Yanks major problems: 3B (if Alex goes) and a corner OF.

I fully expect A-Rod to stay a Yankee this season and many more to come, but if any deal for him was going to happen, this one has sounded the best. I'm just as frustrated as the next Yanks fan w/him, but he's still one of the best in the game today. Everyone goes through slumps and the best always work out of it.

AggieFin21 said:
New rumor (well, that I haven't seen posted anyway): A-Rod to the Cubs for A.Ramirez and J.Jones.

I'm a Yankees fan through and through and I don't want to see him traded. But I can understand why this deal holds just a little more clout than others. It solves two of the Yanks major problems: 3B (if Alex goes) and a corner OF.

I fully expect A-Rod to stay a Yankee this season and many more to come, but if any deal for him was going to happen, this one has sounded the best. I'm just as frustrated as the next Yanks fan w/him, but he's still one of the best in the game today. Everyone goes through slumps and the best always work out of it.

That's not a rumor, that's Phil Rogers' daydream, unless you've got another source. But that definitely was not a rumor, that was just a beat writer trying to fill column space with a hypothetical trade.

im a yankee fan and i think this is phillys thing is rediculous honestly i cant decide if i want the yanks to trade arod but melky no way keep him he's gonna be amazing, but the trade for jones and ramirez i'll take

Back
Top Bottom