A RT to draft ? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A RT to draft ?

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Reaction score
Tackle Kelly Butler from Purdue will not catch Robert Gallery, but he is close to becoming a late first-round selection. He has a ways to go but at 6-foot-7, 320 pounds and a 5.1 in the 40, he's heading there.
By Pat Kirwan

http://nfl.com/news/story/7154152

Huge frame...Has a lot of experience at right tackle despite coming out early...Great run blocker...Exploded off the line...Still has some upside.

Kelly Butler

he is good, i was actually hoping he would slip to the third, and not move up draft boards

He may be around in the third for us, it's about 50/50 right now. Though with McIntosh remaining with us I think a guard in the 3rd would be more likely.

is Macintosh really under contract with us now? I thought they decided not to sign him cuz of his ankles....o well.

negotiating with him, not under contract yet... hell need surgery and be out 4-6 months. there are several articles on him floating around

I think it's gonna get done. Spielman spoke highly of him in the paper. We just have to redo the first year of the contract.

The no-braniner in the 3rd round for OT is Stacy Andrews. They guy has playwed very good but will be had in the 3rd b/c only played 1 year of OT. Shucks...Who does that remind me of (Wade Smith)

You should clarify that statement Marlinsfan when you say he's played very good. He's only played like 5 football games I think in his whole college career.

He was a track star, beefed up, then played in 5 or 6 games. He's got great athleticism (unbelievable actually) and all but he can't have a natural feel for pass protection of run blocking I wouldn't think. It would be hard to develop that within a year or two in the NFL.

one thing about RT's is that they drop a little just like guards do.But lots of them start to go in the 2nd round and of course we don't have one so that's gonna hurt.The Butler kid seems like he could be pretty good but 1st round is high for him and he'll be gone before round 3.

Ozzy rules!!

Originally posted by MARLINSFAN305
The no-braniner in the 3rd round for OT is Stacy Andrews. They guy has playwed very good but will be had in the 3rd b/c only played 1 year of OT. Shucks...Who does that remind me of (Wade Smith)

He didn't even start at Ole Miss but a few games. He can be had much later.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
You should clarify that statement Marlinsfan when you say he's played very good. He's only played like 5 football games I think in his whole college career.

He was a track star, beefed up, then played in 5 or 6 games. He's got great athleticism (unbelievable actually) and all but he can't have a natural feel for pass protection of run blocking I wouldn't think. It would be hard to develop that within a year or two in the NFL.

Can't the same thing be said about wade smith???

Originally posted by Gatorman

Can't the same thing be said about wade smith???

Smith was a football player though. He played TE in 00, then RT in 01, & LT in 02. Wade had a lot more experience than Stacy does.

Back
Top Bottom