A Sad But Teling Article (merged) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A Sad But Teling Article (merged)

as my post started..."if this is true", you never know what's true or the "bent truth". it doesn't seem racial, but he is a human being and deserves to be treated like one. acting incoherently? wtf is that? was he incoherent or not? maybe the word "confused" might have been a little better, incoherent makes it seem like he was f'ed up, hence the handcuffs and drug dogs were ok then. but, there is a lot more to this article than the recent story that headlined the sentineal(sp?). sooo, with all due respect oliver, did you read the WHOLE article?

Originally posted by Expo88

I'm also not just railing on cops here, I'm p/o'd about prevalence of racism in general in what is supposed to be a "tolerant" society. Racial profiling exists and we all do it. When one of you sees a man, who is clearly Muslim, the first thing that pops into our heads, whether we like it or not, is "I wonder if he's a terrorist." When we double check the locks on our cars because some young, perhaps boisterous, black or Hispanic guys are walking towards us we've just racially profiled. It happens to all of us, and it exists.

Speak for yourself. I do not assume that because somebody is Muslim or Middle Eastern that they're a terrorist.

I can't say whether or not the cops should have put handcuffs on Ricky. The article didn't provide enough information. If his plates didn't match the car, then I believe he should have been pulled over to see what was going on.

What I hate is when people demonize the police or even worse are people like Tawana Brawley and Al Sharpton.

BTW, it is good to see that Ricky is modest.

I don't assume anything about any race. When I see a Muslim, I don't think to my self "Its a terrorist." Islam is the second biggest religion in this country, I bet that you see a lot more Muslims than you think you do, because Muslims aren't just one race.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
I don't assume anything about any race. When I see a Muslim, I don't think to my self "Its a terrorist." Islam is the second biggest religion in this country, I bet that you see a lot more Muslims than you think you do, because Muslims aren't just one race.

Islam is the 2nd largest religion in the world. It is also the fastest growing religion in the world. There are a lot of non-Arab Muslims.

Originally posted by booyeah_

Speak for yourself. I do not assume that because somebody is Muslim or Middle Eastern that they're a terrorist.

I can't say whether or not the cops should have put handcuffs on Ricky. The article didn't provide enough information. If his plates didn't match the car, then I believe he should have been pulled over to see what was going on.

What I hate is when people demonize the police or even worse are people like Tawana Brawley and Al Sharpton.

BTW, it is good to see that Ricky is modest.

That article is very disturbing.

Hey everyone, don't jump on EXPO like that. He is a good guy and I know where he's coming from. I don't think EXPO is talking about his own thoughts on muslims or people of mid-east descent. Even if he is, he's being honest about it. I'm african-american and I remember on two occasions where I was either walking acoss the street at a traffic light or in a parking lot going to my car and a caucasion female would see me coming and lock their car door real quick like I was going to do something to them...PUH LEESE. What's that all about? It doesn't bother me, I see that as a very IGNORANT person.

BOOYEAH, What are you talking about demonize? Ricky should be mad, its surprising that he is being modest about it. He has already spoken out saying he was harassed on four seperate incidents since he moved to Miami and two of the incidents are under investigation with apoligies coming to Ricky. You have cops waking him and his infant son up asking him why is his garage door open....WHO THE HELL CARES, ITS HIS HOUSE and then will ask for his license and run a check on him. FOR WHAT, HE DIDN'T DO ANYTHING. Then ask him what he does for a living and how much he paid for his cars. IT'S NONE OF THEIR BUSINESS. One cop is being quoted saying "You athletes are all the same" "you are all criminals". Now if that isn't some kind of profiling, then I don't know what is. I used to be a state trooper, and believe me, I have seen the actions of some cops that are down right wrong. With the mind set that some of these cops have, they are not fit to wear a badge. I'll give you one terrible example during my breif stint as a state trooper. There was a trooper who was called to a house because of a female was having problems with her ex-boyfriend stalking her. The trooper went to the call and raped the female. There were some cops who would give her a hard time before the trial because they believed it was a lie. Finally when the trial came, the trooper confessed to it. NOW, DO YOU THINK THIS WOMAN WILL EVER TRUST THE COPS AGAIN? If she doesn't, I wouldn't blame her. It's stories like this that will get heard of all over the world because that is what the media wants you to see. And for other Miami Dolphin athletes to speak out in that article on saying that this goes on all the time is down right wrong, and you say demonize? C'mon, you got our own Dolphins' players speaking out saying that they won't buy expensive cars just to avoid the cops. There is a serious problem down there and something has to be changed. If I like something that is very expensive and I can afford it. I will buy it. I deserve to treat myself to nice things and I shouldn't have to worry about the cops pulling me over and harrassing because I have something they can't afford, that's ridiculous.

Like I said in an earlier post, there are a lot of good cops out there that wants to make a difference but its the bad cops that make it very hard on everyone. And in these situations, the bad always outweights the good. That's the sad reality to it. :(

Originally posted by FinaticalOne

That article is very disturbing.

Hey everyone, don't jump on EXPO like that. He is a good guy and I know where he's coming from. I don't think EXPO is talking about his own thoughts on muslims or people of mid-east descent. Even if he is, he's being honest about it. I'm african-american and I remember on two occasions where I was either walking acoss the street at a traffic light or in a parking lot going to my car and a caucasion female would see me coming and lock their car door real quick like I was going to do something to them...PUH LEESE. What's that all about? It doesn't bother me, I see that as a very IGNORANT person.

BOOYEAH, What are you talking about demonize? Ricky should be mad, its surprising that he is being modest about it. He has already spoken out saying he was harassed on four seperate incidents since he moved to Miami and two of the incidents are under investigation with apoligies coming to Ricky. You have cops waking him and his infant son up asking him why is his garage door open....WHO THE HELL CARES, ITS HIS HOUSE and then will ask for his license and run a check on him. FOR WHAT, HE DIDN'T DO ANYTHING. Then ask him what he does for a living and how much he paid for his cars. IT'S NONE OF THEIR BUSINESS. One cop is being quoted saying "You athletes are all the same" "you are all criminals". Now if that isn't some kind of profiling, then I don't know what is. I used to be a state trooper, and believe me, I have seen the actions of some cops that are down right wrong. With the mind set that some of these cops have, they are not fit to wear a badge. I'll give you one terrible example during my breif stint as a state trooper. There was a trooper who was called to a house because of a female was having problems with her ex-boyfriend stalking her. The trooper went to the call and raped the female. There were some cops who would give her a hard time before the trial because they believed it was a lie. Finally when the trial came, the trooper confessed to it. NOW, DO YOU THINK THIS WOMAN WILL EVER TRUST THE COPS AGAIN? If she doesn't, I wouldn't blame her. It's stories like this that will get heard of all over the world because that is what the media wants you to see. And for other Miami Dolphin athletes to speak out in that article on saying that this goes on all the time is down right wrong, and you say demonize? C'mon, you got our own Dolphins' players speaking out saying that they won't buy expensive cars just to avoid the cops. There is a serious problem down there and something has to be changed. If I like something that is very expensive and I can afford it. I will buy it. I deserve to treat myself to nice things and I shouldn't have to worry about the cops pulling me over and harrassing because I have something they can't afford, that's ridiculous.

Like I said in an earlier post, there are a lot of good cops out there that wants to make a difference but its the bad cops that make it very hard on everyone. And in these situations, the bad always outweights the good. That's the sad reality to it. :(

I never said Ricky or anybody on these boards demonized the police. I just said that there are people out there who do demonize the police and those people tick me off.

Boo, I still think you took expo's post wrong... He wasn't saying that when you see someone of middle eastern descent, that you automatically assume they are a terrorist. What he was saying is that it is usually the first thing you wonder...."I wonder if that is a terrorist?", not, "That must be a terrorist", and that's true especially now, post 911.

That being said I think if Ricky would just grow up a little and take care of his responsibilities, he could avoid SOME of the hassles. He seems to be blaming everything on the po-lice, when in reality, if he had all his paperwork in order he would be treated alot better.

Now the garage thing is another story, the first time they tried to pull that crap...I would be pissed, and I'm sure I would have told them to F off as soon as they asked for my identification...none of your GD business who I am!.....The second time it happened I would be at my Lawyers' office the next morning. That is blatant harrassment.

Originally posted by inFINSible
Boo, I still think you took expo's post wrong... He wasn't saying that when you see someone of middle eastern descent, that you automatically assume they are a terrorist. What he was saying is that it is usually the first thing you wonder...."I wonder if that is a terrorist?", not, "That must be a terrorist", and that's true especially now, post 911.

That being said I think if Ricky would just grow up a little and take care of his responsibilities, he could avoid SOME of the hassles. He seems to be blaming everything on the po-lice, when in reality, if he had all his paperwork in order he would be treated alot better.

Now the garage thing is another story, the first time they tried to pull that crap...I would be pissed, and I'm sure I would have told them to F off as soon as they asked for my identification...none of your GD business who I am!.....The second time it happened I would be at my Lawyers' office the next morning. That is blatant harrassment.

Well, I wouldn't wonder or think somebody is a terrorist only based on the fact they're Muslim or Middle Eastern. BTW, you should read the article from the Sentinal. It gives information the hearld left out.

It's done. Get over it. If RW wants, he can get a lawyer. Either way, it's his choice. All of us bitching about it does nothing.

And THIS is the root of the problem...

Originally posted by inFINSible

If Ricky would have done what EVERYONE is expected to do when they buy a vehicle, this would not be an issue...

Back
Top Bottom