A Samuel sitting out first 10 weeks | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A Samuel sitting out first 10 weeks

I'd rather see Samuel sit out rather then get traded even if it was to us. All that would do is tear the Pats apart from the inside out and I can understand where Samuel is upset. He was one of the best CBs last year and is getting low balled once again by that wonderful front office while big name players are coming in and getting money. It will be for the same price as Deion Branch and I wouldn't want to pay that.

we'll beat the patsies with or without samuels, it doesn't matter!!! :cooldude:

I'd rather see Samuel sit out rather then get traded even if it was to us. All that would do is tear the Pats apart from the inside out and I can understand where Samuel is upset. He was one of the best CBs last year and is getting low balled once again by that wonderful front office while big name players are coming in and getting money. It will be for the same price as Deion Branch and I wouldn't want to pay that.

Lowballing him? Do you know what they are offering? I am a Patriots fan and I don't know, but please enlighten me.

Samuel's agent said they are looking for 30 million dollars to be paid out over the first three years of the contract. That is absurd money. I don't blame the Patriots for not giving in if those are his demands.

If Samuel chooses to forfit 8 million dollars to sit and twiddle his thumbs for six months then that is his decision. In my opinion it is a stupid one, but he is within his rights to do it just as the Patriots are within their rights to franchise him and let him and not give him a new deal.

And if you think the Patriots would allow the situation to get to the point where "it would tear the Patriots apart from the inside" then you are clueless.

Lowballing him? Do you know what they are offering? I am a Patriots fan and I don't know, but please enlighten me.

Samuel's agent said they are looking for 30 million dollars to be paid out over the first three years of the contract. That is absurd money. I don't blame the Patriots for not giving in if those are his demands.

If Samuel chooses to forfit 8 million dollars to sit and twiddle his thumbs for six months then that is his decision. In my opinion it is a stupid one, but he is within his rights to do it just as the Patriots are within their rights to franchise him and let him and not give him a new deal.

And if you think the Patriots would allow the situation to get to the point where "it would tear the Patriots apart from the inside" then you are clueless.
:yeahthat:

I wonder why that is.:emjai:

They would trade him before then.

Samuel on Jets’ radar
By Albert Breer/ MetroWest Daily News
Wednesday, June 6, 2007 - Updated: 07:00 AM EST

FOXBORO - Asante Samuel has a solid case for seeking a cash bonanza from the Patriots If they won’t pay him what he wants, he knows other teams will.

And one just might be the New York Jets.

According to a source with knowledge of the situation, “several teams†have expressed a willingness to meet Samuel’s asking price, which is a contract in the neighborhood of the eight-year, $80 million deal free agent Nate Clements signed with the 49ers.

The Patriots offered a one-year, $7.79 million franchise tender that Samuel has yet to sign.

http://patriots.bostonherald.com/pa...ticleid=1005056

Just out of curiosity, has a franchised player really actually ever sat out? I hear guys threathening to do it every year but the problems always seem to get resolved.

Back
Top Bottom