A Samuel sitting out first 10 weeks | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A Samuel sitting out first 10 weeks

Just out of curiosity, has a franchised player really actually ever sat out? I hear guys threathening to do it every year but the problems always seem to get resolved.

I am not sure if he was franchised, but deion brach did this last year. He said in the offseason he wouldnt play unless he got a deal. So he ended up sitting out 2-3 weeks and was finally traded to seattle.

I am not sure if he was franchised, but deion brach did this last year. He said in the offseason he wouldnt play unless he got a deal. So he ended up sitting out 2-3 weeks and was finally traded to seattle.

He wasn't franchised. Was in the final year of his rookie contract. Still thats a good example, forgot all about him. I just wonder if somebody has actually sat all the way to week 10. I think Briggs might do it this year if the Bears don't trade him first.

The difference in that is that Branch was set to make a little over a million for the year where as Samuel is set to make almost 8 million. Slightly different, don't ya think?

He wasn't franchised. Was in the final year of his rookie contract. Still thats a good example, forgot all about him. I just wonder if somebody has actually sat all the way to week 10. I think Briggs might do it this year if the Bears don't trade him first.
Yes one QB sat out a whole year in the early 90s.The only time that has happened though....non is the last 22 yrs atleast.

Just out of curiosity, has a franchised player really actually ever sat out? I hear guys threathening to do it every year but the problems always seem to get resolved.

Joey Galloway is about the only successful case I remember of a tagged player holding out for the first 9-10 games.

He went back to Seattle after sitting out the games, got dinged up and did nothing the rest of the season, then was traded to Dallas for 2 #1 picks. He then got a rich deal from Dallas.

McCardell did something similar. Not sure if he was tagged or not.

BEST OFFENSE?
jaworski_ron_m-1.jpg

Jaworski Says:
1. Patriots
2. Dolphins
3. Bills
4. Jets

BEST DEFENSE?
Jaworski Says:
1. Patriots
2. Jets
3. Dolphins