A Sign of Disrespect [More on the Tillman Story] | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A Sign of Disrespect [More on the Tillman Story]

Maybe I missed something...his family said the Army created a story to make him sound like a hero? My question is what story did they make up, I've never heard one. He's a hero anyway for volunteering and being there fighting for my freedom.

Uncle Rico said:
Maybe I missed something...his family said the Army created a story to make him sound like a hero? My question is what story did they make up, I've never heard one. He's a hero anyway for volunteering and being there fighting for my freedom.

His family is upset because the Army said the Pat Tillman died in a firefight with the enemy in Afghanistan....the reality is that he was in an area after dark and some inexperienced U.S. Army guys fired on Tillman's position not realizing they were shooting at their own soldiers. The U.S. Army covered up the story that Pat was killed by friendly fire. As a graduate of ASU, I feel Pat was a true hero...they have a nice memorial outside of Sun Devil Stadium for Pat...he was
someone who chose his country over money. R.I.P.

It is sad, the Army used his death to promote themselves all the while lying about the circumstances. Tillman was a hero and he deserved a ton better as did his family. The people who lied about this knowingly dont deserve to serve this country. They showed the ultimate disrespect towards Tillman and his family.

Back
Top Bottom