A simple argument against Ryan Tannehill | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A simple argument against Ryan Tannehill

jonanthans

LES f**g MILES
Reaction score
For those so enamored with Tanneyhill, please make the argument with an intelligent explanation on one glaring point:

Why Ryan Tannehill could not beat out Jerrod Johnson for the Texas A&M starting Qb position for 2 years, and only got the job after Johnson
went down with an injury.

Mike Sherman did not see enough out of Tanneyhill to award him the starting Qb job for Texas A&M. That is a fact. Why would we now use the #8 pick on a guy when the current 3rd string Qb for the Steelers (Johnson) beat him out consistently at A&M. I do not buy the argument that Mike Sherman is making a push to draft this kid.

I will be upset if we draft Weeden at #8. I will be pissed if we draft Tannehill.

A.

Players improve and coaches sometimes get it wrong. Look at it this way, if we do draft him at 8, it'll be because Sherman believes in the kid enough that he's prepared to essentially admit he got it wrong with Tannehill and Johnson and is prepared to put his rep on the line over it.

I'm very calm about what we decide with Flynn and Tannehill (two of the 3 or4 QBs out there for us and other teams) because we have such an inside track. If we pass on him, it'll be because he's not right for us.

Unless, of course, the player improves and the coaches get it wrong. Which happens.

simple, hes not that good. Hes the best available after luck and rg3 so ppl think he is worth the number 8. Hect i'd rather go with weeden even though he 28 but neither are worth our 1st round pick. I think ireland is too smart to do something stupid like this. Worst comes to worst your going to see ireland trade down to the cowboys and get another 2nd round pick out of it. Me personally i;d like to see the dolphin draft michael floyd with the number 8 but we will see what happens.

I don't know. Why couldn't Cam Wake get on the field more during his first year with Miami - even though he had the best metrics of any pass rusher in the NFL?

Because coaches are stubborn and they are human. Mistake can be made. Why did Tom Brady sit behind a guy isn't even in football anymore? Why did Jerry Rise slip past the first pick in the draft? I think all of us who have watched tons of football realize that it is about the growth of a player over time, their work ethic and dedication to the craft that makes good qbs. Ever think the Johnson was the better QB coming in but didn't grow past that? Injury has given many players their chance to show what they have. I'm not 100% sold on him but Greg Cowsell watches more tape then anyone and likes the kid. He isn't wrong to often. I like watching the game versus LSU and see the throws he was making against two top 5 draft picks in Peterson and Claiborne. He scored a lot of points against a great defense. Did he make mistakes, for sure but that is experience and coaching that will make that better.

Looking at the yearbook Jerrod Johnson was Jr when Ryan Tannehill was Fr.

Lots of coaches are loathe to sit a upperclassman for a FR regardless of talent level.

Back to your rant.

Why wasnt Tom Brady starting over Brian Griese at Michigan? Brady only had 25 starts at Michigan with Drew Henson getting some starts as well. you answer that first

Why did Joe Flacco have to transfer to Delaware since he couldn't beat out Tyler Palko. Why didn't Matt Flynn start over Jamarcus Russell. Coaches make mistakes

I do not mind Tannehill at 8. IF they trade up for him, I will be wild.

Let's see how he does with his pro day.

Why are even talking OP about Weeden at 8. Please.

we are screwed at QB in one of the weakest QB fields after the top 2 I can remember. wait til the 3rd and get Cousins or Wilson.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/ScoutingReports/QB/Ryan-Tannehill.php

The upside is what Tannehill is all about. The downside is his experience.

The upside is smarts, team leader, work ethic.

People who doubted RG3 I have retorted that to be a great Qb in this league you need to have great work ethic, leadership, character to go along with the skills you possess.

The inability to close on wins is a valid argument, but one that gets blown away in the pros because, one, you are on a team in a completely different environment where you are chosen, not recruited to a certain school. The kid has all the intangibles. That is why he is being discussed at length as a legitimate. He played 1 1/2 seasons at qb in college after being the #1 receiver for two years prior. If that doesnt make you wonder how good he can become, then you just do not understand the transition to the pros. And our OC has coached him and knows him well. I see Tannehill as better than Flynn because he is smarter and more of a leader.

Back
Top Bottom