A simple fact about this draft... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A simple fact about this draft...

FinNasty

"The Sticker Dunk"
Reaction score
The top of this draft is not filled with many offensive players. The draft is top heavy with defense. Jamal Anderson, Gaines Adams, Adam Branch, Leon Hall, Landry, Nelson, Patrick Willis.

The offensive players that are in the top of this draft are not going to be available where we are picking... or the player isnt a need of ours (Quinn, Russell, Thomas, Johnson, and Peterson).

I know alot of you want to go with offense in Rd 1... but if we do... we will be reaching. There just isnt going to be someone there worth drafting at #9 on offense.

If we are going to take an offensive player in Rd1... we should trade down... otherwise, we go BPA at a relative need... which will all be defensive players.

I agree tahts why its hard for ppl to understand we might not go OFF in round 1. there are good players in round 2 via Offense that can be had from not a reach stand point. I dont want to reach and i think the defensive players in round 1 are far better and NOT a reach as opposed to round 2.

Though rest assured that your mock drafts in April will look a lot different than they do now. Offensive players still have an opportunity to climb the board.

The top of this draft is not filled with many offensive players. The draft is top heavy with defense. Jamal Anderson, Gaines Adams, Adam Branch, Leon Hall, Landry, Nelson, Patrick Willis.

The offensive players that are in the top of this draft are not going to be available where we are picking... or the player isnt a need of ours (Quinn, Russell, Thomas, Johnson, and Peterson).

I know alot of you want to go with offense in Rd 1... but if we do... we will be reaching. There just isnt going to be someone there worth drafting at #9 on offense.

If we are going to take an offensive player in Rd1... we should trade down... otherwise, we go BPA at a relative need... which will all be defensive players.

Either you are hatin on Ginn Jr...or you forgot about him. He's definitely worth the #9 pick. Can't take the risk of losing him to ATL, who picks right after us...by trading down.

So, if he is our target in RD 1...we need to draft him at #9.

But, for sake of argument...a way to draft a defensive player we need- and has top 10 value is to restructure Booker's contract and let Welker go in order to sign Kevin Curtis as his replacement.

Mueller has stated that he is looking to add speed at WR. Curtis certainly meets that need. This is why I believe that Welker will not be re-signed.

By signing Eric Steinbach and Kevin Curtis...we are able to draft a player like Reggie Nelson at #9.

And if Wayne Huizenga is being sincere about spending money to win....Mueller would sign Adalius Thomas as well.

So re-signing Lemon, Bell, Jones, Bowens, Traylor, Denney, Barnes, and Fonoti...shouldnt be too expensive at all.

So restructure Booker, Mckinney, Zach, Carter, and Mare...

and cut Harrington, James, and Anderson...

then sign Steinbach, Thomas, and Curtis...

this should allow us to draft Nelson at #9 and move Jason Allen to CB. Also, I would draft a QB in the 2nd round to replace Harrington.

Third round I'd draft a C to develop. And in the 4th round, I'd draft another NT.

6th and 7th rounds are of course for BPA. :cooldude:

Also, I would cut T.Massaquoi and bring F.Gibson up from the practice squad.

I think that under Cameron we will carry 2 TE's and 6 WR's instead of the 3 TE's and 5 WR's we would carry under Saban.

I just like F.Gibson. He's fast and pretty tall.

I'd like a WR corps of:

Chambers/Curtis/Vick
Booker/Hagan/Gibson

And a Secondary of:

Allen/Goodman/Mitchell
Allen/Daniels

Nelson/Hill
Bell/(?)

But, for sake of argument...a way to draft a defensive player we need- and has top 10 value is to restructure Booker's contract and let Welker go in order to sign Kevin Curtis as his replacement.

You lost me after let Welker go. I knew after that coment anything you say must be :p4e:.

It's still very early so we don't really know where everyone will shake out, but Tedd Ginn Jr. and maybe even Dwayne Jarrett could very easily be rated around our pick. Right now it would seem like Ginn would not be a reach. He has world class speed and good size. He will need some fine tuning at WR, but in time could become elite. For now though he could be a very dangerous KR/PR. I'm not saying we should definitely go offense because I love Adams and Branch if they fall, but Ginn is definitely in the conversation.

Either you are hatin on Ginn Jr...or you forgot about him. He's definitely worth the #9 pick. Can't take the risk of losing him to ATL, who picks right after us...by trading down.

So, if he is our target in RD 1...we need to draft him at #9.

Mueller has stated that he is looking to add speed at WR. Curtis certainly meets that need. This is why I believe that Welker will not be re-signed.

By signing Eric Steinbach and Kevin Curtis...we are able to draft a player like Reggie Nelson at #9.

And if Wayne Huizenga is being sincere about spending money to win....Mueller would sign Adalius Thomas as well.

So re-signing Lemon, Bell, Jones, Bowens, Traylor, Denney, Barnes, and Fonoti...shouldnt be too expensive at all.

So restructure Booker, Mckinney, Zach, Carter, and Mare...

and cut Harrington, James, and Anderson...

then sign Steinbach, Thomas, and Curtis...

this should allow us to draft Nelson at #9 and move Jason Allen to CB. Also, I would draft a QB in the 2nd round to replace Harrington.

Third round I'd draft a C to develop. And in the 4th round, I'd draft another NT.

6th and 7th rounds are of course for BPA. :cooldude:

Also, I would cut T.Massaquoi and bring F.Gibson up from the practice squad.

I think that under Cameron we will carry 2 TE's and 6 WR's instead of the 3 TE's and 5 WR's we would carry under Saban.

I just like F.Gibson. He's fast and pretty tall.

I'd like a WR corps of:

Chambers/Curtis/Vick
Booker/Hagan/Gibson

And a Secondary of:

Allen/Goodman/Mitchell
Allen/Daniels

Nelson/Hill
Bell/(?)

I didnt forget about Ginn. I just dont think he is worth taking at #9. He is fast as hell, but he is a little too inconsistant for me to be a top 10 pick.

And even so, one of the defensive players available are going to be better than Ginn (guys like Gaines Adams, Alan Branch, or LaRon Landry)...

Ginn is good... but there are going to be better players available at 9 than Ginn...

Oh, and Adalius Thomas is going to get the franchise tag... unfortunatliy...

Welker is a restricted free agent, not an unrestricted free agent, meaning it will cost us hardly anything to tender him a one year contract because of him being an undrafted free agent out of college. Welker is a no-brainer to bring back because of his production & his price.

I didnt forget about Ginn. I just dont think he is worth taking at #9. He is fast as hell, but he is a little too inconsistant for me to be a top 10 pick.

And even so, one of the defensive players available are going to be better than Ginn (guys like Gaines Adams, Alan Branch, or LaRon Landry)...

Ginn is good... but there are going to be better players available at 9 than Ginn...

Oh, and Adalius Thomas is going to get the franchise tag... unfortunatliy...

I doubt that. that defense has money invested all over from Lewis to Reed but no one on offense so i see some spending going there. Also Ginn can be like a Steve Smith. or anyone else for that matter. the last 5 WR to lead the league last year in yards n TD's were under 5'11.

Welker is a restricted free agent, not an unrestricted free agent, meaning it will cost us hardly anything to tender him a one year contract because of him being an undrafted free agent out of college. Welker is a no-brainer to bring back because of his production & his price.

I don't know about that. Might be able to trade him and put Chambers in the slot where's he productive.

One of the two is gone this year.

I doubt that. that defense has money invested all over from Lewis to Reed but no one on offense so i see some spending going there. Also Ginn can be like a Steve Smith. or anyone else for that matter. the last 5 WR to lead the league last year in yards n TD's were under 5'11.

I heard an interview on either the NFL station or the ESPN station on Sirius radio. The GM said they are probably going to tag him this offseason.

And I dont care about Ginn's size... he is just too inconsistant to take as high as 9.

Have you all forgotten that we also need to buil an OL throught the draft!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If Ginn was 6'5" intead of 6'. He'd be a top ten pick. Unless hes suddenly grows 6 inches hes a late first, maybe mid second round pick.

There aren't any OL in range of the 9. Mueller was very clear about wanting a faster team and he is the man. Cam isn't even going to the senior bowl. It's going to be Ginn, unless he run's 4.2 something at the combine; which he is capable of doing. Then he may very well be gone to Houston or Minnesota.

Back
Top Bottom