A simple fact about this draft... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A simple fact about this draft...

The top of this draft is not filled with many offensive players. The draft is top heavy with defense. Jamal Anderson, Gaines Adams, Adam Branch, Leon Hall, Landry, Nelson, Patrick Willis.

The offensive players that are in the top of this draft are not going to be available where we are picking... or the player isnt a need of ours (Quinn, Russell, Thomas, Johnson, and Peterson).

I know alot of you want to go with offense in Rd 1... but if we do... we will be reaching. There just isnt going to be someone there worth drafting at #9 on offense.

If we are going to take an offensive player in Rd1... we should trade down... otherwise, we go BPA at a relative need... which will all be defensive players.
Agreed. There is no point taking a player in the first if he is a stretch. A lot of people are talking about Jarrett but I have not been that impressed with him. I don't see this guy making much noise in the NFL. He should have stayed another year at USC to develop.
Ginn has some impressive measurables but I'm not sure how consistent he will be. I think he is a reach at 9.
The two guys that I would be targetting would be Landry and Okoye, that is of course if C Johnson, Russell, Thomas or Branch are off the board at that point, which I think they will be.

if we trade down.i like the guard from texas,he's is a beast.i wanted andrews a few years back.but the eagles jumped us and got him.now he's an all pro.nelson would be good.if we go wide out i like ginn,just based on what other usc wide outs have done.is trading jason that far of a reach-to cinny.for there first,and clearing -what 9 mill cap space.it's a new day,and i feel like we have hope again.lol.all i wanted is a coach who can call his own plays.i just hope are gm can draft some good players.like from the 3 to 5 rounds.

Though rest assured that your mock drafts in April will look a lot different than they do now. Offensive players still have an opportunity to climb the board.
I care about rounds 2 & 3 as much as the 1st round... not much has been mentioned as far as that. I agree the mock drafts will change alot.... Things change alot just from the first pick...who know's if Al Davis & whoever the coach will be choose a QB or reciever?

I guess I'm one of those "why the heck is everyone talking defense with the #1 pick" guys, but your points are valid. It's still January, so there will be lots of movement in everyone's draft ratings, though.

I doubt that. that defense has money invested all over from Lewis to Reed but no one on offense so i see some spending going there. Also Ginn can be like a Steve Smith. or anyone else for that matter. the last 5 WR to lead the league last year in yards n TD's were under 5'11.

Again, where the hell do you get your statistics?

You people need to STOP MAKING UP STATISTICS

You honestly lose even the slightest bit of credibility that you've had ( which is barely any )
http://www.nfl.com/stats/leaders/NFL/RECTDS/2006/regular

Terrel Owens is under 5'11? Plaxico Burress? Torry Holt? Marvin Harrison?

Here is a hint.. there is only ONE under 6 foot in the top 5 last year

The top of this draft is not filled with many offensive players. The draft is top heavy with defense. Jamal Anderson, Gaines Adams, Adam Branch, Leon Hall, Landry, Nelson, Patrick Willis.

The offensive players that are in the top of this draft are not going to be available where we are picking... or the player isnt a need of ours (Quinn, Russell, Thomas, Johnson, and Peterson).

I know alot of you want to go with offense in Rd 1... but if we do... we will be reaching. There just isnt going to be someone there worth drafting at #9 on offense.

If we are going to take an offensive player in Rd1... we should trade down... otherwise, we go BPA at a relative need... which will all be defensive players.

I agree with you, and because of that, I decided to look for possible trade down scenarios that we could do and I came up with 2 possible scenarios. I already posted a thread on one of them that I thought was pretty good. Check it out, it's called "interesting trade down scenario" and let me know what you think.

Have you all forgotten that we also need to buil an OL throught the draft!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Agreed... but at #9... there isnt an OL worth taking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And that is my point. 9 is too high for Levi Brown right now... if we want him... we should trade down.

I agree with you, and because of that, I decided to look for possible trade down scenarios that we could do and I came up with 2 possible scenarios. I already posted a thread on one of them that I thought was pretty good. Check it out, it's called "interesting trade down scenario" and let me know what you think.

Its an interesting scenerio... but I dont want to trade that far down...

I am thinking early teens... :D

Its an interesting scenerio... but I dont want to trade that far down...

I am thinking early teens... :D

I agree, but I couldn't find a team that early that we could work something out with. Oh well, I guess we're stuck with the #9 pick :wink: . :lol:

Back
Top Bottom