A Sunday Night Classic | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A Sunday Night Classic

royalshank

Not a Game-Changer
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Also, and how about Barry? He was crazy great himself. If he didn’t walk away early he would have the rushing record for most yards.

Best poor passer and rusher I've ever seen in same game.

It was so fun to watch Marino maneuver in the pocket and throw the ball with his lightening quick release. Talk about clutch.
I really miss those drives before the half to get 3 or the end of the game to win it. Seemed to always get it done when game was on the line.

I miss Marino. I miss Mcduffie. I miss Mare. I miss Drayton. I miss Z Thomas. I miss big shoulder pads. I miss defenders being able to defend...

I could go on & on.

Last edited:
If anybody need a visual definition of "pocket presence" --- show them that video.

Despite the knee troubles stemming from college that limited his mobility, look how he's able to not only able to anticipate but maneuver around the pocket. Not many have done it better. And especially considering the knee problems, I think Danny Marino could be considered the best at it. Because he was still superb at it despite that handicap. Loved the way he hopped and sidestepped to avoid the rush. And still the fastest, most accurate release I've ever seen. The closest thing to Marino I've ever seen is Aaron Rodgers. Rodgers has more mobility than post knee (and Achilles) injury Marino -- but a similar quick release and throwing motion.

Hah, even with a limited knee, he still moved better than Brady in his prime. Brady looks like an uncoordinated Heron running a sprint, I look at Dan and the way he moves, you can see the overall athletic ability, he twists, short steps, leans, and is in control of what his body is doing and not the other way around. Brady, although he can move, looks horrible doing it, like when he tried to catch that pass this year. It reminds me of the "Arm Chimps" at a gym, all arm and chest but the legs look like a malnourished chicken. Or the MMA guys, roided up soooo much that there is no flexibility or speed.

The I Broke My Ankle On Wednesday And Can't Get Up VIPER

Hah, even with a limited knee, he still moved better than Brady in his prime. Brady looks like an uncoordinated Heron running a sprint, I look at Dan and the way he moves, you can see the overall athletic ability, he twists, short steps, leans, and is in control of what his body is doing and not the other way around. Brady, although he can move, looks horrible doing it, like when he tried to catch that pass this year. It reminds me of the "Arm Chimps" at a gym, all arm and chest but the legs look like a malnourished chicken. Or the MMA guys, roided up soooo much that there is no flexibility or speed.

The I Broke My Ankle On Wednesday And Can't Get Up VIPER
Dan’s athleticism is often overlooked because you just marvel at the arm and mechanics never seen before. But man he could move - even in ‘97. And when he did move, his eyes were always downfield and the ball was .0000000000001 millisecond away from being flicked to the open guy at all times.

Wasn’t there some controversy in this game about Miami olinemen having some grease on their uniforms that Detroit’s d linemen complained about? After the half our offensive line was wearing new jerseys

Wasn’t there some controversy in this game about Miami olinemen having some grease on their uniforms that Detroit’s d linemen complained about? After the half our offensive line was wearing new jerseys
I don’t recall that. You sure you aren’t remembering a BB coached team in Foxboro?

If anybody need a visual definition of "pocket presence" --- show them that video.

Despite the knee troubles stemming from college that limited his mobility, look how he's able to not only able to anticipate but maneuver around the pocket. Not many have done it better. And especially considering the knee problems, I think Danny Marino could be considered the best at it. Because he was still superb at it despite that handicap. Loved the way he hopped and sidestepped to avoid the rush. And still the fastest, most accurate release I've ever seen. The closest thing to Marino I've ever seen is Aaron Rodgers. Rodgers has more mobility than post knee (and Achilles) injury Marino -- but a similar quick release and throwing motion.

Exactly !
Marino would have eyes downfield and just feel the pressure to slide away and flick it. I grew up watching that and took it for granted. Haven't seen it on this team since.

Back
Top Bottom