A Take on Brandon Graham (cant play OLB,WalterFootball) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A Take on Brandon Graham (cant play OLB,WalterFootball)

52CANES

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Before the combine, we were discussing OLB rankings and I posted Walterfootball's rankings of 3-4 rush OLB's. Well no where on that list was brandon graham, not at #1 and not at #20.

I emailed Walter from walter football to see if this was a mistake or deliberate and this is what he had to say:

"Brandon Graham's exclusion was done on purpose. I don't see Graham playing well in coverage. In fact, he would be a huge liability. Despite his small height, I think he's a 4-3 end."

I'm sure a lot here would disagree? Are the 3-4 teams talking about him in a positive way at OLB or is it just the fans on this site?

I usually like the site and their takes but can't agree on this one.

it's a fact he's a good de. not the best in the nation or his conference but a fact. the linebacker conversion is all speculation. nobody knows cuz nobody's seen it.

it's a fact he's a good de. not the best in the nation or his conference but a fact. the linebacker conversion is all speculation. nobody knows cuz nobody's seen it.

Perhaps I'm drawing a blank, but what Big 10 DE was better than Graham last season?

He use to be a LB, and has said many times he'd like to be one again and that he feels at home being a OLB.

But must guys have never been a 3-4 OLB coming out so your right, but you could say that about just about everyone.

Perhaps I'm drawing a blank, but what Big 10 DE was better than Graham last season?

navarro bowman....oh wait he's actually a LINEBACKER...different position altogether.B10DPY jared odrick? no he's a DT. probably couldn't make the transition to DE. ok yes you're right graham was a damn good DE.

I re-watched a bunch of Jerry Hughes highlights that guy is the best pure pass rusher in this draft...he really get to the qb in a hurry

This is laughable, he is a perfect SOLB prospect. How can they not think Lamarr Woodley potential when they see Brandon Graham?

I actually talked to Walter briefly on facebook a few days ago. He seems to think that Brandon Graham is too small for Parcells to pick in the 1st round but that Jason Pierre-Paul despite being a boom or bust player offered too much talent for Parcells to pass up. I like the site but I disagree with him here.

I think he would be a better fit for the 4-3 Defense but i dont think he would have a big problem in our defense i would rather take Everson Griffen over him though

Walter is great, and may be right about Graham, but I really can't see the Dolphins taking a

guy like Pierre Paul. Raw with no body of work. Not with the 12th pick in the draft.

If we want to pick fantastic athletes we can draft Joe Webb and Jameson Konz in the later rounds.

Is Brandon Graham overrated on this forum as a OLB prospect? Ya, but he has just as much a shot at being a complete player as a lot of other tweeners.

Back
Top Bottom