A TE is more inportant than a WR in the draft. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A TE is more inportant than a WR in the draft.

dolphinator86

You are TERMINATED!!
Reaction score
I see a lot of mock draft with the Phins taking a WR in the draft at some point. With Wilford, Ginn, Stone hands oh oh sorry i mean Hagan and Camarillo as WR's and DTRB and Booker as good receivers out of the backfield i think that if a good TE is at some point is waaaay more important to get a TE that can stretch the field we have a few blocking TE's they can be in on running plays but we need a guy to occupy the middle of the field so Ginn and burn the corners that try to cover him and Wilford at 6-4 id take him in a jump ball anyday. I would love Fed Davis but i think he will be there at 32 but thats to early there will be good ones at 2b and 3rd rounder.

What do you all think?

a TE probably wont be the BPA at any point during our picks, thats the only reason we wont take one IMO.

Although a guy like Fred Davis may be there with one of our 2nds, hes not really worth #32, and he probably wont make it to our next pick.

And then the cycle continues where, the next best TE isnt worth our 2nd 2nd rounder, but he wont make it to our 3rd rounder,

it really comes down to whos available at that point. we shouldnt and 90 percent certany will not draft a wideout/TE until round 3-7 (more like 4 but wat ever) IMO we need a TE more than a wideout at this current time but if there happens to be a stud of a wideout with better value than a TE it should be no secret what you do.

After our horrible TE play, I'd have to agree. I hope we land a guy like Fred Davis or Brad Cottam.

Iam so torn on this issue, if anybody watched fred davis play ball consistently he is and will be the best tight end in the draft, imo, someone is gonna grab him in the first..

As much as i feel and want a tight end {ha,ha} i just can't get myself to take one at 32 if one of the good tackles drops there, but if the value is'nt there at 32 with a good lineman then i go for fred davis as the pick in a heart beat. he's well worth it.

I also like keller from purdue, that boy is fast, agressive, ****y with soft hands.

there is validity to both points

we need a TE more than a WR, but we should not reach for one

I would trade up to get a guy who "the man who made Whitten" likes. if that guy exists

There will be at least 1 TE drafted in the first 4 roounds of this draft by the Dolphins.

i hope we draft a TE and not a WR, too...
IMO it would be great if we draft fred davis with one of our 2nd round picks..

Back
Top Bottom