A Thought for those that would pass on BPA.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A Thought for those that would pass on BPA....

WaxOn WaxOff

Starter
Club Member
Reaction score
How many of you were asking for Pat Willis the year we took Ginn? I was. That was in spite of us having Zack and an up and coming (at the time) MLB out of Florida. I was asking for Willis and many on this site thought me crazy. Not taking Willis now looks like the crazy move. Why do I bring this up? Because the vast majority of posts here look to fill needs rather than BPA. With #12, I want us to go BPA, fill the holes later.

How many of you were asking for Pat Willis the year we took Ginn? I was. That was in spite of us having Zack and an up and coming (at the time) MLB out of Florida. I was asking for Willis and many on this site thought me crazy. Not taking Willis now looks like the crazy move. Why do I bring this up? Because the vast majority of posts here look to fill needs rather than BPA. With #12, I want us to go BPA, fill the holes later.

What if BPA is a QB or LT?

I was asking for P.Willis because we had Zach! What better way to help a young LB but to have a great mentor for a year. We all knew ZT's days we're numbered and the transition to a new leader on the defense was set up beautifully and then we drafted Ginn!

I was a strong proponent of Willis.....I believe my exact words were "he would beat out Zach or Crowder with one arm.....literally".....

...which was sort of tongue and cheek...but not really.....because I watched him dominate with literally one arm in the SEC....

Willis would've beaten out Zach just like Zach beat out Del Rio as a rookie......allowing Miami to trade him for something instead of eventually letting him go for nothing...

I was in rebuilding mode....while the team was still in "hang on to the fan favorites too long and try to win now mode"......

Stock pile talent..always ...DO NOT reach for a need. This was Shula's downfall in
his later drafts.

I have been saying this all along, take the best player... you really can't go wrong if you do. Obviously within reason though, I mean there's no way they're taking a QB or LT.

Take BPA at a position of need. Yes you can sit here and play higndsight all day long but it would be dumb this year to pass on a starting OLB, Starting FS or Starting WR to draft a player who will be a backup for a couple of years, thats just insane to do in the first three rounds. (QB not included). Its safe to start taking BPA around round 4 anything prior to that is foolish.

With the state of this franchise and the huge wholes we have at a good amount of positions we better pray we hit and hit hard on our 3 first picks of the draft.
Chubbs

Following this logic, we would have drafted Quinn, as everyone expected:

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2007/prospects/

I remember hoping that Thomas would fall to us, and wishing for Willis/Okoye/Revis when our pick came up. I just inherently hate any ND football players and Duke basketball players.

Back
Top Bottom