A tidbit about LT Ugoh | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A tidbit about LT Ugoh

zonk39

Bills, Jets, Pats SUCK!!!
Reaction score
From Chris Mortensen

• Arkansas left tackle Tony Ugoh has clearly solidified his first-round grade, displaying the type of athleticism NFL scouts find more rare in offensive linemen coming out of the college ranks. One scout compared him to Bengals LT Levi Jones, the 10th player chosen in his draft.

Link:
http://insider.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?name=mortensen_chris#20070124

Other interesting Tidbits in Article:

• Jets coach Eric Mangini got an excused absence from attending the Senior Bowl. "He needed to get away," said Jets GM Mike Tannenbaum. "He burned it pretty hard going back to the day he was hired."

• LSU wideout Dwayne Bowe (6-2½, 227) is a stud or a man among young men. That's what you hear from scouts. Many around the practice field are starting to wonder how LSU lost any games.

From Chris Mortensen

• Arkansas left tackle Tony Ugoh has clearly solidified his first-round grade, displaying the type of athleticism NFL scouts find more rare in offensive linemen coming out of the college ranks. One scout compared him to Bengals LT Levi Jones, the 10th player chosen in his draft.

Link:
http://insider.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?name=mortensen_chris#20070124

Other interesting Tidbits in Article:

• Jets coach Eric Mangini got an excused absence from attending the Senior Bowl. "He needed to get away," said Jets GM Mike Tannenbaum. "He burned it pretty hard going back to the day he was hired."

• LSU wideout Dwayne Bowe (6-2½, 227) is a stud or a man among young men. That's what you hear from scouts. Many around the practice field are starting to wonder how LSU lost any games.

That quote just jumps out at me.....

Hmmm, interesting! Burnout already?

Reading that just made me want to trade down so badly and grab both Ugoh and Bowe. Bowe will be so much better than Ted Ginn...

jamarcus russell. :wink:

Tony Ugoh didn't have a good practice. The Arkansas OT was beaten out of his stance and didn't finish blocks. When the film is scrutinized, Ugoh won't look like the first-round pick he is projected to be.

LSU WR Dwayne Bowe is a man among boys in Mobile. He caught everything on Wednesday. Bowe has been spectacular during Senior Bowl practices.

More info from Kiper

Link:
http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft07/insider/columns/story?columnist=kiper_jr_mel&id=2741954

and more info from ESPN:

Around the South practice
LSU WR Dwayne Bowe should be a first-round pick. The 6-foot-2, 222-pounder has great size and strength. Bowe uses his bulk and muscle to shield defenders from the ball and to battle for position. He misjudged one throw on the last play of practice, but he was practically flawless otherwise. Bowe caught the ball cleanly today and adjusted to make some nice catches on poorly thrown balls throughout the afternoon session. Although the South didn't do red zone drills today, Bowe is the perfect target for that area of the field. It would be hard to imagine teams needing a wide receiver at the end of the first round -- such as New England, Philadelphia and San Diego -- would pass on a talent like Bowe, who looks like the best senior wideout in this year's draft.

The second contest came later in the drill when Arkansas OT Tony Ugoh got caught too far inside on an attempted block, which made it easy for LSU DE Chase Pittman to turn the corner. The two faced off again right away and initially it looked like the result would be the same. However, Ugoh recovered nicely and eventually put Pittman on the ground. That said, it's worth mentioning that Pittman showed a strong rip move throughout the drill.

I hope we get a center on the first day of the draft!

USC center Ryan Kalil had problems driving defenders off the ball on Monday. His power was far less of an issue today. On one snap during the team drill, Kalil locked onto Mississippi State DT Antonio Johnson's body and pushed him back three yards. The most impressive aspect of the play was Kalil's ability to generate that kind of movement despite Johnson stopping his initial momentum. It's a testament to Kalil's tenacity and dedication to finishing blocks.

West Virginia OC Dan Mozes has been impressive. He has been just as tenacious as Datish when run blocking and he held his own during one-on-ones.

Reading that just made me want to trade down so badly and grab both Ugoh and Bowe. Bowe will be so much better than Ted Ginn...

Bowe seams to be a more complete WR, Ginn seams to be a project WR with Great speed.

I also want us to pick up a O-lineman in the first day, and maybe one or two more later in the draft.

Thanks for the post.... this is gonna be an interesting 3months before draft day thats for sure.

thats it! I want Ugoh and Bowe. trade something someoene somehow! i want to get these 2! and kalil is really exciting me!

The team needs to trade down in the 3rd (about 23-24 picks) to get into the very late 1st round and select Kalil. That would allow the team to really finish off this offensive line problem once and for all.

Then spend most of your FA cash on defense unless Dielman gets onto the market. If you sign him wow... That's all I can say...

The team needs to trade down in the 3rd (about 23-24 picks) to get into the very late 1st round and select Kalil. That would allow the team to really finish off this offensive line problem once and for all.

Then spend most of your FA cash on defense unless Dielman gets onto the market. If you sign him wow... That's all I can say...

Why do we need to trade down for that? In the likely event no one wants to trade down with us why don't we just draft the players that we want at those positions regardless of what other people think?

Back
Top Bottom