A Ton Of News & Some Notes | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A Ton Of News & Some Notes

FinHeavenAJ

FinHeaven Lives
Reaction score
Wannstedt Holding Out
The Sun-Sentinel reports that Dolphins coach Dave Wannstedt said he isn't ready to name a permanent starting left defensive end. David Bowens may get the start against Houston because fellow ends Jay Williams and Adewale Ogunleye got their chance with the first-team defense in the Dolphins' first two exhibition games.

Bowens To Miss Final Pre-season Games
The Sun-Sentinel reports that starting defensive tackle Tim Bowens will miss the last two pre-season games because of bone bruise on his right big toe. Jermaine Haley will start in his place.

Two Possibly On Trading Block
The Sun-Sentinel reports that the Dolphins hope to trade some of their reserve players for low-round selections in next year’s draft rather than waiving them outright September 1. The two players who may have the most trade value are wide receiver Jeff Ogden and defensive tackle Ernest Grant.

Galyon Back Sooner?
The Miami Herald reports Miami Dolphins LB Scott Galyon (broken thumb) might not need surgery and he could return sooner than the original prediction of six weeks.

good timing

I was just about to ask if anyone had read in http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...olnotes18aug18.story?coll=sfla-dolphins-front in about the competition for our last remaining starting position at LDE.
Go D Bo :up:

Nice comment from Zach on why he turned off QAM for the NO games:
"I turned on the radio, but it was just so negative that I went to sleep," Thomas said. "I just couldn't listen. I didn't want to contaminate myself, especially with a preseason game. I'm not going to hurt any confidence I have while I'm sitting at home.

"We've got to get better on the penalties and all that. I think it's good we get a wakeup call now. But the thing is people are making too big a deal out of the preseason. We'll get it together." ...

is he talking to us :bling:

Considering Ogunleye's 4 sacks in that preseason game I don't know whether to continue being a D.Bo fan or two switch to A.O....and then again with Jay Williams getting as much production as he is as a passrusher I wanna be a Jay Williams fan too...so I guess the only one left out is Rob Burnett.

Back
Top Bottom