A U.S. Soldier/Finfan's conversation with Bradshaw and Howie | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A U.S. Soldier/Finfan's conversation with Bradshaw and Howie

jetssuckSr

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
This is from a poster (4dafins) on another board who is in the Army and stationed over-seas. He announced that Terry Bradshaw and Howie Long would be visiting his base, meeting with the troops and signing autographs.

Because of the recent comments made by Bradshaw " Miami won't win a SB with JF", I asked 4dafins to put Bradshaw on the spot and question him about his feelings on JF.

Here is 4dafins report on his conversation with Bradshaw and Howie Long.

"I met Terry Bradshaw and Howie Long today, and both were excellent with everyone. Very nice even though they'd probably signed a zillion autographs in a day and a half. As I said, I would ask about Jay. They calmly talked with folks as they signed a bunch of autographs and as I was about #10 in line the dreaded 5 minutes till they went to the next unit call was made(started sweating it out). I made it to Terry to my happiness, and handed him two footballs. I thanked him for coming and he said in a calm manner that "they were having fun". I then said that on our Dolphins message board most of us agree that Jay Fiedler stinks and that I wondered what his opinion was. He looked up from behind my football with a naughty look and repied in an exagerated slightly loud voice "Jay Who"? I said Jay Fiedler as I was caught off guard "Jay Who" he again replied with a giant smile, which we, including Howie to his left/my right laughed at. He crinkled up his face and nose and then said in the same expressive mannor "I dont like the guy, a good Quarterback makes good passes to open recievers in big games, and against New England, he has Ricky who runs for a bunch of yardage and he misses 3 wide open guys, and one of those plays would have won the game for them, a good QB does not miss those kind of opportunities". I knodded and said "you didn't miss on passes like that" He paused for a moment looking serious for a moment and replied with a slow shake of his head and a slight humble smile"no, I didn't". I asked if Griese would be an upgrade. In a very excited raised voice he quickly asked "did you guys sign him"? I said it appears we will after June 1 etc.. I asked if he'd be an upgrade and Howie gave me a big knod in the affimitive and Terry said something along the lines of absolutely. All in all I think they are not impressed with Jay and they thought Brian would be a huge aquisition. I got two footballs signed by both and it was definatly worth the hour wait. Regardless of whether they are your favorite commentators, they endured a huge time change, thousands of autograph hungry troops and a rigorous non-stop schedule to make the troops happy, and it was all done with class and a smile. So my hats off to them.:) :) :) :) "

JS

Not all of us think Jay sucks you know. Funny how eveyone remebers the bad and forgets the good. Denver anyone?

Yeah Howie lives in my town. He is a GREAT guy and down to earth. He and Terry hang out all the time. Howie has never said to me that Jay is a bad QB. But he did say that Miami has the #1 DB tandem in the League and it could be ranked in the Top 3 all time....:)

He is also a big Ricky fan. He said that Charles Woodson might not ever be the same DB again. His toe injury is worse than they let it be known. That is why they tried to trade him for a Top 5 pick this last season.

My girl friend's father is good friends with Howie...He coach's his boys in baseball. His boys are HUGE!!! One is going to UVA to play Football the other likes Baseball more. But they are FAST as hell to be that damn big....lol

People don't let McKnight forget the bobble against the Jets and the missed plays in the NE game won't be forgotten by alot either.

Originally posted by PhinKev
Not all of us think Jay sucks you know. Funny how eveyone remebers the bad and forgets the good. Denver anyone?

Don't bring up that game, Jay was lucky the ball was tipped back into Wards hands.

Originally posted by dolphinators13

Don't bring up that game, Jay was lucky the ball was tipped back into Wards hands.

Or he threw it hard enough to get through Mobley's hands. Nevermind he threw that pass with a broken thumb and a injured index finger. It's all about perspective my friend.

Oliver...

Hey, until Jay makes those throws when it REALLY counts, then the questions are fair.....He still has alot to prove.

Almost everyone of us already know OUR opinions on this subject. We know who is for and nay and those at bay.

We also know this will most likely be the last year of this debate.

Talk about beating on a dead horse.

You got plenty of better skilz than this Sr. Thats for sure!

Sorry Oz I don't follow

This was NOT intended to be a 'Bash JF' thread and it wasn't about OUR opinions, I asked the guy to question Bradshaw about JF because after the comments he's already made about our QB position I figured TB would speak up. And he did.

Sorry for boring you with the comments of a 4 time SB winning QB concerning the most important position on the team.

Another thing, as long as the discussion remains civil and posters from both sides of the JF fence refrain from worthless posts like:

"Yeah Jay sucks" or '"Oh no another fiedler thead!"

then we wouldn't have any problems. The position is far from settled, many of us think it's the key weakness and with Griese on the radar it's not like it's a "dead horse" as you put it. The media certainly doesn't agree with that in fact they are just getting started, be prepared to see a lot more articles focusing on the QB position.

Honestly I'm offended that anyone thinks I posted this to start some crap.

Terry Bradshaw while with RW at some Anxiety dis-order function I believe, said he didn't believe we could win a SB with JF. A friend had the opportunity to ask him to elaborate and he did. The guy who talked to TB doesn't like JF, I don't like JF. Is THAT the problem with this post? Does the fact he makes it obvious take away credibilty? It's called an opinion dude and I think it's pretty cool he could was able to get Bradshaw's on the subject.

I can't for the life of me Ozzy see how you could think this story wasn't worth sharing. There was also another subject in that story beyond JF, Bradshaw and Howie Long hangin with the troops.

JS

Originally posted by inFINSible
Hey, until Jay makes those throws when it REALLY counts, then the questions are fair.....He still has alot to prove.

Not to piss anyone off or anything, but didn't Jay lead the NFL last year or a year ago or something with like 5 4th quarter comeback wins? He has to be making some throws when it counts.

And I don't forget all the good, Oakland in 2001, :02 left in the game, Jay scrambles and dives in for the two-yard TD. Even though it was on the opposite endzone from me and I could barely see it, it was a damn good feeling to take one from the dreaded Raiders.

Originally posted by breckenridge55

Not to piss anyone off or anything, but didn't Jay lead the NFL last year or a year ago or something with like 5 4th quarter comeback wins? He has to be making some throws when it counts.

And I don't forget all the good, Oakland in 2001, :02 left in the game, Jay scrambles and dives in for the two-yard TD. Even though it was on the opposite endzone from me and I could barely see it, it was a damn good feeling to take one from the dreaded Raiders.

Yeah...he led the NFL in 2001 in forth quarter QB rating and come from behind wins.

On a side note, I find it funny that Terry Bradshaw would bash anyone like that after the bashing he took at the start of his career. I found it even more funny when he said he didn't miss big passes, considering the fact that all of Pittsburgh was claiming that fact. They (meaning fans and analysts and even his own coach) thought he had great physical ability but was too stupid/unprepared too lead an NFL team to the Super Bowl. He had big interceptions his first couple of years so I think he must have a real short memory. Oh well...it really doesn't matter what he thinks anyways.

what about bradshaws first 3 years. many thought he was too dumb to be a pro level quarterback. and, no, he did not always make "those" throws. i think he deserves all the accolaids he gets now, probowler and super bowl champ. but he needs to remember his first couple of years.

i agree though that this is a make or break year for fiedler.

Back
Top Bottom