A U.S. Soldier/Finfan's conversation with Bradshaw and Howie | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A U.S. Soldier/Finfan's conversation with Bradshaw and Howie

Re: Sorry Oz I don't follow

Originally posted by jetssuckSr
This was NOT intended to be a 'Bash JF' thread and it wasn't about OUR opinions, I asked the guy to question Bradshaw about JF because after the comments he's already made about our QB position I figured TB would speak up. And he did.

Sorry for boring you with the comments of a 4 time SB winning QB concerning the most important position on the team.

Another thing, as long as the discussion remains civil and posters from both sides of the JF fence refrain from worthless posts like:

"Yeah Jay sucks" or '"Oh no another fiedler thead!"

then we wouldn't have any problems. The position is far from settled, many of us think it's the key weakness and with Griese on the radar it's not like it's a "dead horse" as you put it. The media certainly doesn't agree with that in fact they are just getting started, be prepared to see a lot more articles focusing on the QB position.

Honestly I'm offended that anyone thinks I posted this to start some crap.

Terry Bradshaw while with RW at some Anxiety dis-order function I believe, said he didn't believe we could win a SB with JF. A friend had the opportunity to ask him to elaborate and he did. The guy who talked to TB doesn't like JF, I don't like JF. Is THAT the problem with this post? Does the fact he makes it obvious take away credibilty? It's called an opinion dude and I think it's pretty cool he could was able to get Bradshaw's on the subject.

I can't for the life of me Ozzy see how you could think this story wasn't worth sharing. There was also another subject in that story beyond JF, Bradshaw and Howie Long hangin with the troops.

Yeah it is nice that the two X- NFL players were hangin with the troops.

But the bottom line is this has been beaten to death, over and over. And it is settled for now. There will be no competition, and Jay will start no matter how the fans feel.

And my whole point was your an intelligent person, that has a lot more to offer than another thread about Jay, especially when every single one of these threads start out fine and end up with a ban or two, or the deletion of the whole thing.

It was a more of an oh no, and a compliment.....don't be offended. And always keep in mind that I am not a huge fan of Jay's either.

I get your point OZ

I think that it's a shame these threads often lead to fights but usually a fight is started by someone looking for one. When JF is gone it'll be some other subject I'm sure.

Not long ago I would have agreed that JF's starting spot is guaranteed, still might be. But it's starting to look like there's an outside chance that it's not. If a healthy BG comes in and start's hitting those deep routes and quick outs you spoke of in your report we may have a new QB. I know it's an 'if' but I'm holding out hope. lol

BTW good report, thanks

JS

Originally posted by breckenridge55

Not to piss anyone off or anything, but didn't Jay lead the NFL last year or a year ago or something with like 5 4th quarter comeback wins? He has to be making some throws when it counts.

And I don't forget all the good, Oakland in 2001, :02 left in the game, Jay scrambles and dives in for the two-yard TD. Even though it was on the opposite endzone from me and I could barely see it, it was a damn good feeling to take one from the dreaded Raiders.

Can you please post Jay's post season stats their really good...... I can care less how many fourth quarter comebacks he had. What counts is the playoffs. He hasn't don’t crap in the playoffs.

The bottom line is that if we sign Griese and Fiedler get injured (like he has been every year), he won't have to play with a separated shoulder or a bad thumb...

Coach will have someone proven to enter the game. Jay will get the time he needs to heal and will come back healthy instead of playing hurt (and hurting the team). And if Griese does very well (remember Brady,Holcomb,Bulger) that's fine with me.

Originally posted by dolphinators13

Can you please post Jay's post season stats their really good...... I can care less how many fourth quarter comebacks he had. What counts is the playoffs. He hasn't don’t crap in the playoffs.

While you're at it you can post Griese's post season stats. They are sooooo much better!

:lol:

Just letting you know, I'm pretty sure that Jay Fiedler is 2-2 in postseason play in his career. That really isn't very bad. And he had no offense to work with in his postseason games here.

Yeesh Bradshaw. I always looked at Terry like I did a boxer who had his head pummelled for years and is nearly brain dead from it.

Originally posted by breckenridge55
Just letting you know, I'm pretty sure that Jay Fiedler is 2-2 in postseason play in his career. That really isn't very bad. And he had no offense to work with in his postseason games here.

I count 1 game as the Fins qb. It was his fault we almost lost the game.

No he wasn't. An injured Mark Brunell started that game. Jay played in mop up time and still threw an interception.

Brunell wasn't injured. He was pulled because they were up by like 30 points. It was a smart move. By the way, Jay himself racked up about 30 of those points.......

It's great to see Howie and Terry give our guys a lift of support. :mdfin:

:goodnight

Actually Baz Brunell was injured

he was playing with an injury as it was. He left in the 2nd quarter with a 38-0 lead.

Jay threw for two TD's during what was nothing more than mop up on a team that had quit. You could see it on JJ's face as well that day.

From Espn:

Why the Jaguars won:
1. On the Mark. Mark Brunell had great protection and was able to engineer a couple of touchdown drives before heading to the bench in the second quarter to rest his injured left knee. Brunell completed five of nine passes for 105 yards and two TDs. He was flawless on a 73-yard drive to open the game that put Jacksonville in early control.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/1999/20000115/recap/miajac.html

JS

Originally posted by Bazinet37
Brunell wasn't injured. He was pulled because they were up by like 30 points. It was a smart move. By the way, Jay himself racked up about 30 of those points.......

No way that was Fiedler throwing those long deep balls to those Jags WR's on our pass D! No freaking way. We all know no matter what kind of talent you give Fiedler to throw the ball to he will not throw a good deep ball.

I am being as sarcastic as one can get.

Some ppl have very short memories. Jay racked up some nice yards and deep ball throws that day. That's because Jay can actually throw a nice deep pass when there are actually WR's on the other end that will catch those passes.

Oliver...

Back
Top Bottom