A win/win situation | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A win/win situation

Dajesus

Active Roster
Reaction score
I know there has been a great deal dark clouds hanging over the heads of the Dolphins and their fans. Everyone has serious doubt if all the chances the front office took this year will work out for Miami. I look at it with a very postive outlook no matter what unfolds this year. Obviously if this season is a great sucsess there are a lot of things to look forward to. On paper if the o-line can put it together, Boston can return to the pro bowl form from his first couple of seasons, and AJ works out we could win a superbowl. Then Speilman turns in to a genius, and Dave would show he could be a good coach with the GM role taken off his mind. If the opposite happens then we aren't in that bad of shape. The fans will finally get to see the days of Jay and Dave over in Miami. With Bowens, Madison, Jay, and Seau being at the end of big contracts they would be easy to release with out taking huge cap hits. We would have a early draft pick and the money to keep Chambers. We also have a very young o-line who will probably be together for a long time. JT, Chester, Surtain, and hopefully O-Gun are still young enough to deal with 1-2 years of rebuilding. We also have a lot of young guys at LB, S, and Howard and Poole at CB. Ricky is also still very young, so we have at least 4-5 years of riding him.

I would hate to see a losing season, but I would also hate to start another season with hearing about how small this groups window is, hearing about how everyone hates Jay and Dave.

Hmm, well there is silver lining if we stumble..LOL

Dajesus said:
The fans will finally get to see the days of Jay and Dave over in Miami. With Bowens, Madison, Jay, and Seau being at the end of big contracts they would be easy to release with out taking huge cap hits.

Bowens signed a new 4 year contract. While not large its still dead money in the end. Madison apparently has gotten a signing bonus everytime he's restructure so he's got 3 signing bonuses on record at somewhere around $10 million in total. Seau signed for something like $4 million in bonus money wasn't it? Either way it's a lot of dead money hitting that cap and they've tied up a lot of money in an aging Jason Taylor (although DE's tend to have longer lives in their 30's) and Zach Thomas to rich contracts.

Back
Top Bottom