A WR worth pursuing... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A WR worth pursuing...

Stamos

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Antonio Bryant in Dallas might be on his way out of Dallas. He's been in and out of Fatcells doghouse, and some cowboys fans seem to think he's gonna be traded.

I'd expect the asking price to be a third rounder + a conditional pick. I'd much rather get an experienced player in here, and Bryant has pro bowl talent.

Just a thought, and good one at that. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
2nd tier WR? He's 10 times more talented then DT or McKnight.

and what is this supposed to mean; "If we get another vet WR is s/b as a UFA"?

Bryant is YOUNG and TALENTED.

Isn't Bryant a hothead? I am pretty sure that he slipped in the draft a few years ago because of character issues.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
Isn't Bryant a hothead? I am pretty sure that he slipped in the draft a few years ago because of character issues.

Thats precisely why he slipped, and at this point in his pro career it hasn't been a cause for any concern. And considering his salaries, 380,000 and 455,000 over the next 2 years, we'd get him RIDICULOUSLY cheap.

The guys not even 23 yet, and already has 2 years in the league. And the kicker, the guy is a Miami native. The guy had better numbers as the No.3 WR in Dallas, then DT did starting.

Originally posted by Stamos
and what is this supposed to mean; "If we get another vet WR is s/b as a UFA"?

Bryant is YOUNG and TALENTED.
it means we cannot afford to trade away picks for a WR. We need them to get young guys in here that are low cap guys. If they decide to cut McK and DT as I would expect under their current contracts, we need to replace them with a vet WR who is unrestricted

Originally posted by dolphan39
it means we cannot afford to trade away picks for a WR. We need them to get young guys in here that are low cap guys. If they decide to cut McK and DT as I would expect under their current contracts, we need to replace them with a vet WR who is unrestricted

Still makes no sense. Antonio Bryant is STILL 22 years old. Antonio's salaries are 380 K and 455 K over the next 2 years.

Originally posted by Stamos

The guys not even 23 yet, and already has 2 years in the league. And the kicker, the guy is a Miami native. The guy had better numbers as the No.3 WR in Dallas, then DT did starting.

Agreed. He's young, talented and already has 2 years experience. I'd pick him over any 3rd rounder (assuming he costs a 3rd rounder).....I'd offer a conditional 2nd rounder.

I seen what the guy had while he played for Pitt, and trust me he's for real.

Now that he seems to have shed the chip from his shoulder, he should flourish in the right offense.

No way we trade a reasonably high pick in this deep wr class for an existing WR that may have lots of potential issues. We could get his type talent in the 3rd anyway. If they will take a 5th or 6th fine. Otherwise.......:barf:

Originally posted by dreadlockera
No way we trade a reasonably high pick in this deep wr class for an existing WR that may have lots of potential issues. We could get his type talent in the 3rd anyway. If they will take a 5th or 6th fine. Otherwise.......:barf:

If we are trying to 'win now'.....Bryant is a much better option than any middle round reciever. Bryant is ready to contribute NOW and has more upside than any receiver that will be available in the 3rd round.

Originally posted by Breed

I'd offer a conditional 2nd rounder.
in 2005 ? since we have none in 2004. that would make more sense for us - trading a 2005 pick, but not for the Boys

Originally posted by dolphan39
in 2005 ? since we have none in 2004. that would make more sense for us - trading a 2005 pick, but not for the Boys

Yes in '05. It would be pretty hard for us to offer a conditional pick in the '04 draft considering a conditional pick is performance based (or games started) and he wouldn't have a chance to perform (or start) before the draft :)

Maybe a 5th or 6th rounder in '04 and a conditional pick in the '05 draft.

We need a SURE hand WR to complement CC and from what I saw from every Cowboys game because to of my best friends are Boys fans he has inconsistant hands!

I would give a 3rd for him but NO conditional unless he exceeds 1300 yardss and 8+ TDS!!

Back
Top Bottom